AP Govt Employees Regularization of hospitalization/quarantine period during COVID-19 Pandemic – Sanction w.e.f. 25-03-2020 – Orders
G.O.MS.No. 45 Dated: 05-07-2021.
- M. No.13020/1/2019, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India, dt. 07.06.2021.
- The Government has been receiving several references/queries requesting for clarification relating to treatment of the hospitalization/quarantine period during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Government of India have issued guidelines regarding regularization of hospitalization/quarantine period during COVID-19 Pandemic, vide reference read above.
- After careful examination of the matter and keeping in view the hardships faced by the Government servants, it has been decided to treat the period of absence, in relaxation of A.P. Leave Rules,1933 as under, duly adopting the O.M. of Government of India in the reference read
|Sl. No.||Situation||Treatment of period of absence|
|1||When the Government servant himself is COVID Positive and is in home isolation/quarantine||(i) Shall be granted Commuted Leave up to 20 days, if due and admissible, without Medical Certificate, on mere production of his COVID positive report.
(ii) If Commuted Leave is not available, he/she shall be granted Special Casual Leave (SCL) for 15 days, followed by Earned Leave (EL) or Half Pay Leave (HPL) of 5 days and, in case of EL/HPL is also not available, he/she shall be given Extra Ordinary Leave (EOL) without insisting on production of Medical Certificate, and the period shall also be counted for qualifying service.
|2||When the Government servant himself is COVID positive, and is in home isolation and has also been hospitalized.||(i) Shall be granted Commuted Leave/ SCL/ EL for a period up to 20 days starting from the time having tested COVID positive, if the period of home quarantine
/discharge from hospital falls within 20 days, as per Sl.No.1 above.
|(ii) In case of hospitalization beyond the 20th day from his/her testing COVID positive, he/she shall be granted Commuted leave, on production of documentary proof of hospitalization.
(iii) If, however, after discharge from the hospital, the Government servant is required to remain at home for post COVlD recovery, he/she may be granted leave of any kind due and admissible to him/her, with the approval of the concerned Competent Authority, as per the A.P. Leave Rules, 1933. It is only when the Commuted Leave is not available to the credit of the Government servant that SCL of 15 days or EL or EOL shall be considered.
|3||When a dependent family member of Government servant is COVID positive or parents, whether dependent or not, living with him are COVID positive.||(i) Shall be granted SCL of 15 days on production of COVID positive report of dependent family member/parents.
(ii) In case of active hospitalization of any of the family member/parents even after 15 days of the expiry of SCL, the Government Servant may be granted leave of any kind due and admissible beyond 15 days of SCL till their discharge from hospital. After discharge from the hospital of dependent family member/ parents, if the Government servant wishes to avail further leave, he shall be considered for the leave due and admissible as per the A.P. Leave Rules, 1933, subject to functional requirements and sanction of leave by the Competent Authority. The Competent Authority is advised to take a liberal view in such cases and its decision in the matter shall be final.
|4||When the Government Servant comes into direct contact with a COVID positive person and remains in Home Quarantine.||He/she shall be treated as on duty/Work from Home for a period of seven days. For any period beyond that, his/her attendance shall be regulated as per the instructions given by the office concerned, where he/she is working.|
|5||The period of Quarantine spent by Government servant, as a precautionary measure, residing in the Containment
|He/she shall be treated as on duty/Work from home till the Containment Zone is de-notified.|
- These orders shall be applicable w.e.f. 25.03.2020. The past cases, wherever settled, shall be re-opened if the same is beneficial to the Government servant, and where he/she makes a request in writing for
- All the Secretariat departments and the Heads of departments shall take necessary action