APPSC SYLLABUS FOR SCREENING AND MAIN EXAMINATION FOR THE RECRUITMENT TO THE POST OF GROUP – II
SYLLABUS FOR SCREENING TEST
GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY (150M)
INDIAN HISTORY (30M)
Ancient History: Salient features of Indus Valley Civilization and Vedic age – Emergency of Buddhism and Jainism – Mauryan Empire and Gupta Empire: Their administration, Socio-Economic and Religious Conditions, Art and Architecture, Literature – Harshavardhana and his Achievements.
Medieval History: The Chola Administrative System – Delhi Sultanate and The Mughal Empire:Their Administration, Socio-Economic and Religious Conditions, Art and Architecture, Language and Literature – Bhakti and Sufi Movements – Shivaji and the rise of Maratha Empire – Advent of Europeans.
Modern History: 1857 Revolt and its Impact – Rise and Consolidation of British Power in India – Changes in Administration, Social and Cultural Spheres – Social and Religious Reform Movements in the 19th and 20th Century – Indian National Movement: it’s various stages and important contributors and contributions from different parts of the country – Post Independence Consolidation and Reorganization within the country.
General and Physical Geography: The Earth in our Solar System – Interior of the Earth – Major Landforms and their features – Climate: Structure and Composition of Atmosphere – Ocean Water: Tides, Waves, Currents – India and Andhra Pradesh: Major Physiographic features, Climate, Drainage System, Soils and Vegetation – Natural Hazards and Disasters and their Management.
Economic Geography of India and AP: Natural resources and their distribution – Agriculture and Agro based Activities – Distribution of Major Industries and Major Industrial Regions. Transport, Communication, Tourism and Trade.
Human Geography of India and AP: Human Development – Demographics – Urbanization and Migration – Racial, Tribal, Religious and Linguistic groups.
INDIAN SOCIETY (30M)
Structure of Indian Society: Family, Marriage, Kinship, Caste, Tribe, Ethnicity, Religion and Women
Social Issues: Casteism, Communalism and Regionalisation, Crime against Women, Child Abuse and Child Labour, Youth Unrest and Agitation
Welfare Mechanism: Public Policies and Welfare Programmes, Constitutional and Statutory Provisions for Schedule Castes, Schedule Tribes, Minorities, BCs, Women, Disabled and Children.
CURRENT AFFAIRS (30M)
Major Current Events and Issues pertaining to
– National and
– State of Andhra Pradesh
MENTAL ABILITY (30M)
Logical Reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive): Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Argument, Statement and Conclusion, Statement and Courses of Action.
Mental Ability: Number Series, Letter Series, Odd Man out, Coding – Decoding, Problems relating to Relations, Shapes and their Sub Sections.
Basic Numeracy: Number System, Order of Magnitude, Averages, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Time and Work and Time and Distance. Data Analysis (Tables, bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart).
SYLLABUS FOR MAIN EXAMINATION
PAPER –I (150M)
SOCIAL AND CULTURAL HISTORY OF ANDHRA PRADESH.(75M)
1. Pre – Historic Cultures – The Satavahanas, The Ikshvakus: Socio – Economic and Religious Conditions, Literature, Art and Architecture – The Vishnukundins, The Eastern Chalukyas of Vengi, Andhra Cholas: Society, Religion, Telugu Language, Art and Architecture.
2. Various Major and minor dynasties that ruled Andhradesa between 11th and 16th centuries A.D. – Socio – Religious and Economic Conditions, Growth of Telugu Language and Literature, Art and Architecture in Andhradesa between 11th to 16th centuries A.D.
3. Advent of Europeans – Trade centers – Andhra under the Company – 1857 Revolt and its Impact on Andhra – Establishment of British Rule – Socio – Cultural Awakening, Justice Party/Self Respect Movement – Growth of Nationalist Movement in Andhra between 1885 to 1947 – Role of Socialists – Communists – Anti-Zamindari and Kisan Movements – Growth of Nationalist Poetry, Revolutionary Literature, Nataka Samasthalu and Women Participation.
4. Origin and Growth of Andhra Movement – Role of Andhra Mahasabhas – Prominent Leaders – Events leading to the formation of Andhra State 1953 – Role of Press and News Papers in the Andhra Movement – Role of Library Movement and Folk and Tribal Culture.
5. Events leading to the Formation of Andhra Pradesh State – Visalandhra Mahasabha – States Reorganization Commission and its Recommendations – Gentlemen Agreement – Important Social and Cultural Events between 1956 to 2014.
SECTION – B
INDIAN CONSTITUTION (75M)
6. Nature of Indian Constitution – Constitutional Development – Salient features of Indian Constitution – Preamble – Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy and their relationship – Fundamental Duties – Amendment of the Constitution- Basic Structure of the Constitution.
7. Structure and Functions of Indian Government – Legislative, Executive and Judiciary – Types of Legislatures: Unicameral, Bicameral – Executive – Parliamentary – Judiciary – Judicial review – Judicial Activism.
8. Distribution of Legislative and Executive Powers between the Union and the States; Legislative, Administrative and Financial Relations between the Union and the States – Powers and Functions of Constitutional Bodies – Human Rights Commission – RTI – Lokpal and Lok Ayukta.
9. Center-State Relations – Need for Reforms – Rajmannar Committee, Sarkaria Commission, M.M.Punchchi Commission – Unitary and Federal features of Indian Constitution – Indian Political Parties – Party System in India – Recognition of National and State Parties – Elections and Electoral Reforms – Anti-Defection Law.
10. Centralization Vs Decentralization – Community Development Programme – Balwant Rai Mehta, Ashok Mehta Committees – 73rd and 74th Constitutional Amendment Acts and their Implementation.
PAPER –II (150M)
SECTION – A
INDIAN AND AP ECONOMY (75M)
1. Structure of Indian Economy, Economic Planning and Policy:
National Income of India: Concept and Measurement of National Income – Occupational Pattern and Sectoral Distribution of Income in India – Economic Growth and Economic Development – Strategy of Planning in India – New Economic Reforms 1991 – Decentralization of Financial Resources – NITI Aayog.
2. Money, Banking, Public Finance and Foreign Trade:
Functions and Measures of Money Supply – Reserve Bank of India (RBI): Functions, Monetary Policy and Control of Credit – Indian Banking: Structure, Development and Reforms – Inflation: Causes and Remedies – India’s Fiscal Policy: Fiscal Imbalance, Deficit Finance and Fiscal Responsibility – Indian Tax Structure – Goods and Services Tax (GST) – Recent Indian Budget – India’s Balance of Payments (BOP) – FDI.
3. Agricultural Sector, Industrial Sector and Services in Indian Economy:
Indian Agriculture: Cropping Pattern, Agricultural Production and Productivity – Agricultural Finance and Marketing in India: Issues and Initiatives – Agricultural Pricing and Policy in India: MSP, Procurement, Issue Price and Distribution – Industrial Development in India: Patterns and Problems – New Industrial Policy, 1991 – Disinvestment – Ease of Doing Business – Industrial Sickness: Causes, Consequences and Remedial Measures – Services Sector: Growth and Contribution of Services Sector in India – Role of IT and ITES Industry in Development.
4. Structure of Andhra Pradesh Economy and Public Finance:
Structure and Growth of AP Economy: Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) and Sectoral Contribution, AP Per Capita Income (PCI) – AP State Revenue: Tax and Non-Tax Revenue – AP Sate Expenditure, Debts and Interest Payments – Central Assistance – Projects of External Assistance – Recent AP Budget.
5. Agriculture and Allied Sector, Industrial Sector and Services Sector of Andhra Pradesh:
Production Trends of Agriculture and Allied Sectors – Cropping Pattern – Rural Credit Cooperatives – Agricultural Marketing – Strategies, Schemes and Programmes related to Agricultural Sector and Allied Sectors in Andhra Pradesh Including Horticulture, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries and Forests – Growth and Structure of Industries – Recent AP Industrial Development Policy – Single Window Mechanism – Industrial Incentives – MSMEs – Industrial Corridors – Structure and Growth of Services Sector – Information Technology, Electronics and Communications in Andhra Pradesh – Recent AP IT Policy.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (75M)
1. Technology Missions, Policies and Applications:
National S&T Policy: Recent Science, Technology and Innovation Policy, and National Strategies and Missions, Emerging Technology Frontiers – Space Technology: Launch Vehicles of India, Recent Indian Satellite Launches and its applications, Indian Space Science Missions – Defence Technology: Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO): Structure, Vision and Mission, Technologies Developed by the DRDO, Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP) – Information and Communication Technology (ICT): National Policy on Information Technology – Digital India Mission: Initiatives and Impact – E-Governance Programmes and Services – Cyber Security concerns – National Cyber Security Policy – Nuclear Technology: Indian Nuclear Reactors and Nuclear Power Plants – Applications of Radioisotopes – India’s Nuclear Programme.
2. Energy Management:
Policy and Projections: Installed Energy Capacities and Demand in India – National Energy Policy – National Policy on Biofuels – Bharat Stage Norms – Non-Renewable and Renewable Energy: Sources and Installed Capacities in India – New Initiatives and Recent Programmes, Schemes and Achievements in India’s Renewable Energy Sector.
3. Ecosystem and Biodiversity:
Ecology and Ecosystem: Basic concepts of Ecology, Ecosystem: Components and Types – Biodiversity: Meaning, Components, Biodiversity Hotspots, Loss of Biodiversity and Conservation of Biodiversity: Methods, Recent Plans, Targets, Convention and Protocols – Wildlife Conservation: CITES and Endangered Species with reference to India – Biosphere Reserves – Indian Wildlife Conservation efforts, projects, acts and initiatives in recent times.
4. Waste Management and Pollution Control:
Solid Waste: Solid Wastes and their Classification – Methods of Disposal and Management of Solid Wastes in India – Environmental Pollution: Types of Environmental Pollution – Sources and Impacts – Pollution Control, Regulation and Alternatives: Recent projects, acts and initiatives to reduce Environmental Pollution in India – Impact of Transgenics on Environment and their Regulation – Eco-Friendly Technologies in Agriculture – Bioremediation: Types and Scope in India.
5. Environment and Health:
Environment Challenges: Global Warming, Climate Change, Acid Rain, Ozone Layer Depletion, Ocean Acidification – Environmental Initiatives: Recent International Initiatives, Protocols, Conventions to tackle Climate Change with special reference to India’s Participation and Role – Sustainable Development: Meaning, Nature, Scope, Components and Goals of Sustainable Development – Health Issues: Recent Trends in Disease Burden and Epidemic and Pandemic Challenges in India – Preparedness and Response: Healthcare Delivery and Outcomes in India – Recent Public Health Initiatives and Programmes.