CANDIDATES ARE REQUESTED TO KINDLY GO THROUGH THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES COMBINED SELECTION SCREENING EXAMINATION : 2018
1. There are 137 Army Public Schools (APS) located in various Cantonments and Military Stations across India. These schools are administered and managed by local Army authorities and affiliated to CBSE through Army Welfare Education Society (AWES). A List of these schools is placed at Annexure 1.
2. There are approximately 8000 teachers on the rolls of these schools. Out of these, a large number get turned over every year due to various reasons.
Note: The exact number of vacancies will be projected by the School/Management while advertising for holding interviews/evaluation of teaching skills for selection of teachers.
3. Vacancies could be regular or contractual nature which shall be informed alongwith the announcement of vacancies. Regular appointments would be liable to transfer.
4. Selection Procedure. Will be done in three stages:-
(a) Stage 1. Screening Exam will be conducted on 17 and 18 November 2018, for vacancies that will arise during the ensuing academic year. This shall be conducted on-line by an agency identified by HQ AWES centrally, to ensure uniform quality of teachers in all Army Public Schools. Those who qualify in this stage will be given Score Cards which are valid for life provided the candidate picks up a teaching job within three years from the date of passing the screening exam in any CBSE affiliated school for a continuous duration of at least one year. A Score Card will make candidates eligible to appear for the remaining stages of the selection process. In addition to fresh candidates, the following may also appear for the screening test:-
(i) Holders of Score Cards who want to improve their scores.
(ii) Those desirous of upgrading themselves. For E.g. a candidate holding Score Card of TGT may now want to obtain a card for PGT, having acquired additional qualification.
(b) Stage 2. Interview. There may or may not be held at the location of the school. They may be held as per discretion of the local management
(c) Stage 3. Evaluation of Teaching skills and computer proficiency. For Language teachers, written test comprising Essay & Comprehension of 15 marks each will be held along with evaluation of teaching skills. Selection Committee may also hold Computer proficiency tests if they so desire.
5. To qualify for interview and evaluation of teaching skills, the candidates have to pass a Screening Examination. The next exam will be conducted on 17 and 18 Nov 2018. The general guidelines for candidates are given in the succeeding paragraphs.
6. Categories of Teachers. The exam will be held for the posts of PGT/TGT/PRT for subjects as per list placed at Annexure 2.
7. Qualifications. The requisite qualifications are :-
(a) Educational/Professional Qualifications :-
Post Minimum Qualifications Education % Marks Professional % Marks
1. PGT Post Graduation 50 B Ed 50
2. TGT Graduation 50 B Ed 50
3. PRT Graduation 50 B Ed/ Two yr Diploma 50
Note : Detailed List of minimum qualifications for Teachers in Army Public Schools is at Annexure
3. (b) Age – As on 01 April 2019 :-
(i) Fresh Candidates – Below 40 years (In the case of Delhi schools TGT/PRT should be < 29 yrs & PGT <36 years)
(ii) Experienced Candidates – Below 57 years (in the case of Delhi 40 Yrs) should have minimum 5 years teaching experience in the last 10 years)
(c) CTET/TET conducted by state governments is mandatory for appointment as TGTs/PRTs to be appointed Regular/Contractual. Others found fit in all other respects may be appointed on ‘Adhoc’ basis only till attainment of qualification. However CTET/TET is not mandatory for appearing in CSB online Screening exam.
(a) Registration – 01 October to 24 October 2018.
(b) Availability of – 03 Nov 2018 (Tentative. Will be informed Admit cards on-line after uploading)
(c) Exam – 17 and 18 November 2018.
(d) Publication of – 03 Dec 2018. Results