DSC 1998 MTS Appointment Orders G.O NO 27 – DSC 1998 Qualified appointment as SGTs in Minimum Time Scale
School Education Department – DSC-1998 – Appointment of 4,534 candidates, as Secondary Grade Teachers (SGTS) who were qualified in DSC-1998 on contract basis with Minimum Time Scale (MTS), with terms and conditions as applicable to contract employees – Orders-Issued.
SCHOOL EDUCATION (EXAMS) DEPARTMENT
G.O. Ms. No. 27 Dated:15/03/2023
The Additional Secretary to Hon’ble CM, vide CMP No.2165/Addl.Secy (MR)/2022, dated:04.02.2022, while enclosing the letter of Sri Dokka Manikya Varaprasad, MLC, addressed to the Hon’ble Chief Minister, has requested the Commissioner of School Education to examine and take necessary action on the request of DSC-1998 qualified candidates for appointing them as Secondary Grade Teachers on Minimum Time Scale basis.
2. Background of the issue is that Government had taken up a General Recruitment to fill up the inter-alia vacancies of Secondary Grade Teacher posts in the Schools through DSC-1998, duly prescribing the minimum qualifying marks for OC, BC, SC/ST were 50, 45 and 40 respectively, and accordingly, the number of candidates called for interview in the ratio of 1:3. Further, the selection list of candidates had been prepared based on the marks secured both in Written Test (85) and Interview (15). Due to inadequate number of qualified candidates for the posts, orders were issued vide G.O.Ms.No.618, Education(Ser.VI) dated:18.05.1998, by reducing the minimum qualifying marks in the Department, written examination for interview i.e, 45,40 and 35 for OC, BC and SC/ST respectively.
3. The candidates, who were qualified for interview as per the pre- revised cut off marks and could not get selected for Secondary Grade Teacher posts in the final list prepared after reduction of cut off marks, have been requesting for the last several years for appointments as Secondary Grade Teachers.
4. Accordingly, the Commissioner of School Education, in his letter dated:19.11.2022, has requested the Government to accord permission to appoint (4,534) candidates on Minimum Time Scale basis against the existing available vacancies including (534) SGT vacancies of Municipal Management. It is further to be noted that at present instead of (4,534) vacancies, only 3620 vacancies are available for the appointment of DSC-1998 candidates on MTS. The rest (914) candidates will work in the other educational institutions belonging to different departments of Government of Andhra Pradesh till vacancies arise in the Zilla Parishad/Government/Municipal Schools of School Education Department.
5.After careful examination of the matter, Government approves the proposal mentioned at para-4 above, with the following terms and conditions:
Terms and Conditions for DSC 1998 Qualified Appointment as SGT MTS
- (a) Their appointment is purely on contract basis on terms and conditions applicable to contract employees as per existing rules, without any scrutiny up to 60 year of age of the candidates.
- (b) The candidates shall also comply with any other academic/technical qualification norms prescribed by the next DSC and achieve them in two years.
- (c) The appointed candidates with B.Ed qualification shall undergo a six months Bridge Course in Elementary Education recognized by the NCTE within two years from the date of such appointment.
- (d) These contract teachers will be eligible only for those benefits available to the other contract teachers and cannot claim any benefits available for regular teachers.
- (e) These orders are issued for accommodation of the DSC-1998 candidates only by giving as a special case in the exceptional circumstances on humanitarian grounds, and this shall not be taken as precedent.
6. The Commissioner of School Education shall take further necessary action accordingly, in the matter to do the counselling and post the DS 1998 candidates at the earliest.