Engaging of Sanitary workers in the Schools / Junior colleges towards maintenance of toilets in the schools/ Junior Colleges under Toilets Maintenance Fund Guidelines
In all Govt. Schools and all Government Junior colleges, toilet care taker hereafter called as Ayah shall be positioned for the purpose of cleaning and up-keeping the toilets clean and to set
- The parents Committees/ College Development Committees (CDC) will engage Ayah for toilet cleaning based on the students strength, is as follows
- Upto 300 student – I Ayah
- 301 to 600 students – 2 Ayahs
- 601 to 900 students – 3 Ayahs
- More than 900 – 4 Ayahs
- No Aaya shall be positioned if there are no toilets in the school / Junior Colleges once toilets are constructed, Ayah shall be positioned
2. Eligibility criteria for the engagement of Ayahs are as foll ow s;
- The Ayah shall be woman and the resident of local habitation in rural areas and the resident within ward in case of urban areas (Municipal corporations and Municipalities). In case of toilets in boys Jr. Colleges, male sanitary worker may be engaged by
- She shall belong to SC/ ST/ BC/Minori ti
- She shall be preferably one of the mothers of the students studying in the school/
- She shall be in the age group of 21-50
- Existing /working Ayahs shall continue with the approval of Parents committee/CDC, if the existing Ayah is less than 60 years (However, they also enter into MoU with Parents committee/ College Development Committee)
03) Further, all the District Educational Officers / District Vocational Educational Officers are also noted that, the Ayahs shall be engaged for rendering their service by the parents committee/CDC only and they are not engaged by either the Government or the Schools. The Ayahs are engaged by the parent s committee/ College Development Committee for maintaining the toilets for the welfare of the students of the parents in the respective schools/ Jr Colleges. The parents committee/ College Development Committee may give the honorarium of Rs.6000/- per Ayah in both rural and urban areas. The Honorarium may be paid full for 10 months and may be paid half for two months during vacation. The Ayah shall clean the toilets once in a day durin g the vacation also.
- The Parents committee/ CDC will engage the Ayahs for a period of 12 months initially and the parents committee/ CDC may extend the services of the Ayahs on mutual consent and on the basis of performance of the Ayah. The parents committee may enter an MoU with Ayah.
- Parents Committee/ CDC can terminate the Ayah based on the reasons like non-performance, conduct Issues etc. with one month advance notice. The resolution with reasons should be recorded in the Parents Committees/ CDC m inut es Parents committee/ CDC shall constitute the Toilet maintenance committee to select Ayahs as per the Eligibility criteria prescribed above in a t ranspar ent manner and to monitor the toilet maint enance with the following members. The Committee shall meet once in a fortnight and review the toilets maintenance.
- Head Master / Principal Three PC members (Chairperson, two active members/ CDC members)
- Engg. Asst from Grama/Ward Sachivalayam Educational Asst from Grama/Ward Sachivalayam One designated teacher/ -Convenor
- One female teacher
- One senior Girl student viii One senior boy student
The parents committee/ CDC will procure one cleaning mop and bathroom cleaner cum sanitizer concentrate locall y for toilet maintenance for February and March months.The cleaning materials & Tools will be given Centrally from April 1st onwards. Separate detailed SoP for role of different functionaries and procedures will be issue shortly.
- B) Regarding School TMF, the Parents committee/ CDCs shall open separate account for School Toilet Maintenance Fund (STMF), preferably in state owned banks. The Account shall be jointly operated by HM/ Pr in cipal, PC/ CDC chairperson and Sachivalayam/ward Education Asst. If the account is already available (opened to keep Ammavodi Donations), the same account will be utilized by adding the Educational & Welfare Assistant of the concerned village & Ward. The parents Committee shall pass a resolution and record minutes along with the amount available in the account and the transactions done so far, in this regard.
Therefore, all the District Educational Officers / District Vocation Educational Officers are instructed to follow the above guidelines on engaging of Ayahs in the schools and ensure that the instructions are follow scrupulously; any deviations in this regard will be viewed seriously. Action taken report should reach within 7 days from the date of receipt of this Memo.