Filling up of Vacancies of Panchayat Secretaries on contract basis-G.O.Ms.NO.38-AP
The Commissioner, Panchayat Raj & Rural Development, A.P., Vijayawada in the reference read above stated that out of the total cadre strength of 8743 Panchayat Secretaries, 2565 posts of Panchayat Secretaries are vacant and 1054 vacancies were already notified by APPSC, remaining 1511 vacancies may be filled temporarily on contract basis.
The method of selection the Panchayat Secretaries on contract basis through District Level Committee consisting of the following members: (1) District Collector – Chairman (2) Chief Executive Officer, ZPP – Member (3) District Panchayat Officer – Member Convener
ANNEXURE-I to G.O.MS.No.38,Dt.27.04.2018,PR&RD(Mdl.I) Dept.
District Dist. Wise vacancy in 2017 in Grade IV Pt. Secretaries
APPSC Notified Dist. Wise No. of vacancies to be filled up on contract basis
1 Srikakulam 83
2 Vizianagaram 61
3 Visakhapatnam 94
4 East Godavari 205
5 West Godavari 113
6 Krishna 196
7 Guntur 122
8 Prakasam 22
9 Nellore 194
10 Ananthapuram 130
11 Kurnool 111
12 Kuddapah 194
13 Chittoor 166
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR APPOINTMENT OF PANCHAYAT SECRETARIES ON CONTRACT BASIS
(1) The appointment of Panchayat Secretary on contract basis shall be under the provisions of Rule 9(a)(i)of A.P.SSS Rules,1996. A person appointed under contract basis shall not be regarded as a member of the service in which/the post to which he/she is appointed and shall not be entitled by reason only of such appointment to any preferential right to any other appointment in that or in any other service.
(2) Persons possessing minimum degree qualification (graduation) will be taken for contract appointment of Pts. Secretaries.
(3) The selection procedure will be 100% on merit (education qualification) instead of 80% merit + 20% interview .
(4) Candidates to be appointed as Panchayat Secretaries should be in the age group of 1842 years. Five (5) years relaxation of age in respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/BC category is permissible in terms of G.O.Ms.No.182 GAD Dt:4-12-2017..
(5) The contract period shall be for one year from the date of appointment. (6) If the performance of the Panchayat Secretary appointed on contract basis if found not satisfactory during the contract period, OR if their services are found not required, their services will be terminated at any time without assigning any reasons thereof;
(7) Rule of reservation will be applicable as per roster points shall be made applicable as per the Rule 22 of A.P. SSSR 1996.
(8) The persons for appointment as Panchayat Secretary shall be locals drawn from the district concerned.
(9) The person appointed on contract basis as Panchayat Secretary shall work in any of the Gram Panchayat in the district and reside in the Gram Panchayat Head Quarters concerned.
(10) The working hours of the Panchayat Secretary appointed on contract basis shall be the same as that of regular Panchayat Secretaries working in the departments;
(11) Panchayat Secretaries appointed on contract basis are eligible only for casual leave. They are not entitled to any other kind of leave like Earned Leave/Half Pay Leave/Medical Leave, etc.
(12) The Panchayat Secretary appointed on contract basis shall not have any claim or right for regularization of his/her appointment and shall not approach to any court of law with regard to regularization of contract appointment, in case the said contract is terminated midway.
(13) The candidates appointed as Panchayat Secretaries on contract basis will not have any claim or right to be appointed on regular basis and such contract appointments will be without prejudice to the regular appointments that may be made in future.
(14) The Panchayat Secretary appointed on contract basis shall not be construed or regarded as a member borne on the A.P.State & Subordinate Service Rules, 1996 and shall not be entitled to any preferential right for any other appointment in the service or in any other services.
(15) The selected candidate shall produce Medical Fitness Certificate issued by Government Civil Assistant Surgeon along with the original certificates to prove their age and qualification etc.
(16) The candidate engaged on contract basis shall execute a bond containing the above mentioned points in Annexure-III. The format in which the candidate has to execute the bond is enclosed.
(17) The candidate engaged on contract basis shall execute a bond in the prescribed format as referred to at point-16 above on non-judicial stamp paper worth Rs.110/-.