పదో తరగతిలో ఆంగ్ల పరీక్షకు ప్రత్యేక ప్రాధాన్యం ఉంది. అన్ని సబ్జెక్టుల్లోనూ 10/10 తెచ్చుకునే విద్యార్థులు సైతం ఇంగ్లిష్లో 10/10 తెచ్చుకోవడంలో ఇబ్బందులు పడుతుంటారు. పేపర్ల వారీగా మెలకువలను పాటిస్తే వీటిని అధిగమించి, మెరుగైన స్కోరు సాధ్యమవుతుంది.
ప్రశ్నపత్రంలో 1 నుంచి 6వ ప్రశ్న వరకు వుండే comprehension passages పై వచ్చే ప్రశ్నలకు సరైన సమాధానాలు రాస్తే మార్కులను గణనీయంగా పెంచుకోవచ్చు.
1, 2, 3, 6 యూనిట్లలో ఉండే passages ను బాగా సాధన చేయాలి.
ప్రతి passage లోనూ వుండే విషయాన్ని ఎవరు, ఎవరితో చెప్తున్నారనేది బాగా గుర్తుంచుకోండి.
ముఖ్యమైన nouns, pronouns ఎవరిని సూచిస్తున్నాయో తెలుసుకోండి.
poetry ప్రశ్నలు question No. 4 లో ఉంటాయని గమనించాలి.
poetry లో tone/tune/figures of speech పై ప్రశ్నలు వచ్చే అవకాశముంది.
question no. 7,8 లో conversation/ description/ diary entry/ script for a speech మొదలైన అంశాలపై ప్రశ్నలుంటాయి.
coversationకు సమాధానం రాసేటప్పుడు discourse markers ను question tags ను ఉపయోగిస్తే పూర్తి మార్కులు వస్తాయి. 1 , 2, 3 యూనిట్స్లో conversation పై ప్రశ్నలు రావడానికి అవకాశముంది.
diary entry కి dear diary అని సంబోధిస్తూ answer ను ప్రారంభించాలి.
date/ day/ time రాయాలి. diary entry పూర్తయిన తరువాత సంతకం తప్పనిసరి.
Speech రాసేటప్పుడు, ప్రారంభం, ముగింపు నియమాలు పాటించాలి. 4, 5, 6 యూనిట్స్ నుంచి ప్రశ్నలు రావచ్చు.
question no.9 నుంచి 20 వరకుండే ప్రశ్నలు (bit paper లో) grammer అంశాలపై ఉంటాయి.
question no. 9 లో editing పై ప్రశ్నలు englishలో common errors కు సంబంధించినవి.
Question no. 10లో correct usage ప్రశ్నలుంటాయి. verb and tense/ verb and number/ prepositions/ articles/ conjunctions/ pronouns/ right form of the word మొదలైనవాటిపై ప్రశ్నలు ఎక్కువగా వస్తాయి.
question no. 11 లో అడిగే ప్రశ్నలు unit 1, 5 ల నుంచి వస్తాయి. voice లో passive voice without object కు ప్రాధాన్యం ఇవ్వండి. unit 5 లో వుండే reported speech వాక్యాలు ముఖ్యమైనవి.
unit 3, unit 5 లో ఉండే adverbial clauses/ unit 6 లో ఉండే linkers నుంచి ఒక ప్రశ్న వస్తుంది. prepositions కోసం యూనిట్ 2, 4లో వాక్యాలు ముఖ్యమైనవి.
Question no. 17 నుంచి 20 వరకు వుండే language functions ప్రశ్నల కోసం modal verbs సాధన చేయాలి.
ఈ పేపర్ లో వుండే comprehension విద్యార్థుల general comprehension talent ను పరీక్షించేలా ఉంటుంది. question no. 1 లో non verbal comprehension ఉంటుంది.
data in table format/ bar diagram లు ముఖ్యమైనవి.
Question no. 2 లోgeneral comprehension passage వస్తుంది.
question no. 3 లో jumbled sentences ను meaningful order లో రాయడం పై ప్రశ్న వుంటుంది. ఈ order ఘటనలు జరిగిన క్రమంలో రాయాలి.
question no. 4, 5లో letter/ news report/ biographical sketch / story writing మొదలైన అంశాలపై ప్రశ్నలుంటాయి.
వీటిలో news report/ biographical sketch లపై దృష్టి పెట్టాలి.
news report లో incidents/ accidents/ events ముఖ్యమైనవి.
1. In the lesson, “Attitude Is Altitude” you have read about Nick. You learnt that when Nick was eight years old, he went to his mother crying and told her that he wanted to kill himself. The mother of Nick consoled and encouraged him. Now, write a possible conversation between Nick and his mother in this context. The conversation should have at least 7 exchanges.
2. Imagine that you were Nick. Describe the feelings of Nick in the context given above.
3. You have read in one of your lessons that Vorobyov disaster took place on April 1986. You know that there was a explosion early in the morning. Imagine yourself as one of the victims and write a dairy entry on the day of the disaster.
4. You are asked to give a speech on the World Environment Day. Now prepare a speech to give on that day describing what happened in Vorobyov village, Ukraine. Narrate the whole incident in your speech.
5. You have read the lesson ‘Attitude Is Altitude’. In the lesson you have read that Nick was interested in learning surfing and met Bethany Hamilton to take her help. Write a possible conversation between Nick and Bethany Hamilton in that context. The conversation should have at least 5 exchanges.
6. You have read the play ‘The Dear Departed’. You know how the two daughter behaved for their father’s property. Imagine you are the grandfather in the story. Write a description describing the agony of the grandfather over the behaviour of the two daughters.
7. You have read the lesson ‘My Childhood’. In the lesson you have read that a new teacher who came to Kalam’s class humiliated Kalam by sending him to the last bench. Now imagine that you are Kalam and write a diary entry when the incident took place.
8. You have read the lesson ‘Every Success Story Is also a Story of Great Failures’. You have understood the qualities of great people who achieved success after great failures. Now prepare a script for your speech describing the great qualities of successful people taking the references from the lesson. You have to give this speech on the Youth Festival Day in your school.
9. In that lesson ‘Rendezvous with Ray’ you have read the details of Gaston Roberge’s association with Ray. Imagine that Roberge visited your school on the Annaual Day of your school. You are interested in having a short conversation with him. He agreed. Now write an imaginary conversation between you and Gaston Roberge with reference to the details of your lesson.
10. In the lesson “The Journey” suppose the author realized and felt guilty of his attitude towards his father . Now describe about the inner feelings of the author. Now, write a description that reflects the following ideas.
What mistake did he commit? How did he feel for that? What was his realisation? How would he like to change his attitude towards his father in his future?
11. In the lesson “Attitude Is Altitude”, you have read about Nick. Being a differently-abled person he was teased, bullied and deeply depressed. One day he tried to kill himself as he was deeply depressed. Now imagine yourself as Nick and write a diary entry of that day.
12. You have read the lesson ‘Attitude Is Altitude’. You might have understood the disadvantages or problems faced by a disabled man without arms and legs. Now, prepare a script for a speech describing the disadvantages of this kind of disability taking references from the lesson ‘Attitude Is Altitude’.
13. In that lesson, ‘My Childhood’ you have read that when Kalam was in fifth standard, a new teacher came to his class. He asked Kalam to go and sit on the back bench. Kalam and his friend, Ramanadha Sastry felt very sad for their separation. This incident was reported to Lakshmana Sastry, the father of Ramanadha Sastry. Lakshmana Sastry talked to the teacher and settled the issue. Now write a possible conversation between Lakshmana Sastry and the new teacher in the above context.
14. In the lesson ‘My Childhood’ you have read that a new teacher who came to Kalam’s class asked Kalam to go and sit on the last bench. It made Kalam and his friend Ramanadha Sastry feel sad. Now describe the thoughts of Kalam over the incident that happened in the classroom.
15. You have read the story of Nick Vujicic who was born with no arms and legs. Imagine yourself as Nick's mother and write a diary entry on the day when she gave birth.
16. ‘Failures are the stepping stones to success.’ Write a description in supporting the statement extracting the references from your lesson “Every Success Story Is also a Story Great Failures”.
17. You have read the lesson , ‘My Childhood’. In that lesson, you have read that when Kalam wanted to go to Ramanadhapuram for higher studies, Kalam’s mothert was hesitant. Kalam’s father tried to console and comfort her. Write a possible conversation between Kalam’s father and his wife in the above context.
18. You have read the story ‘The Brave Potter’. You have read that the villagers praised the potter as they thought that he caught the tiger and tied under the tree. But the potter did not how it happened.
Now, narrate the thoughts of the potter when he found the tiger tied to the tree in front of his house.
19. You have read the lesson ‘My Childhood’. In the lesson you have read that a new teacher, who came to Kalam’s class, humiliated Kalam by sending him to the last bench. Now imagine that you are Kalam and write a diary entry when the incident took place.
20. In the lesson ‘Environment’ you have read the views of Wangari Maathai about how wars are fought for the natural resources.
Now, write a script for a speech taking the views of Maathai. You have to present this speech on the World Environmental Day.