Implementation of Bio metric Attendance – Certain Instructions
Circular Memo.GAD01-NABE0BMAT/1/2021-PU-B-1 Dated:24.08.2021.
Sub: General Administration Department – Polley Unit – Meeting held by CS with all Secretaries on 13.08.2021 – Implementation of Bio metric Attendance – Certain Instructions – Regarding
Ref: 1) Govt., Memo.No.58021/7/2017-PU A-GAD-02, Dated:29.09.2017. 2) Circular Memo.No.GAD01-NABE0BMAT(INST)/1/2020-PU-C-1,
3) Minutes of the Meeting held by CS with all Secretaries held on 13.08.2021.
In the reference 1st cited, certain Instructions have been Issued on Bio metric Attendance to all Secretariat Departments, all Heads of Departments, Autonomous organisations and District Collectors in the State.
2) In the reference 2nd cited, Bio metric Attendance have been dispensed with in view of the potential Covid-19 infection for the time being, as main source of the spread of Covid-19 virus is direct contact.
3) In a meeting held by CS with all Secretaries on 13.08.2021 a decision has been taken among others that attendance with Bio metric Device is mandatory in the Secretariat and other offices.
4) Therefore, the IT,E&C Department shall make operationalise the Bio metric Devices in Secretariat and other offices immediately and ensure the instructions issued in the Memo 1st cited.
5) All the Departments of Secretariat shall take immediate action to make attendance with Bio metric Device in Head of Departments, District Collectors, Autonomous Organisations & State Unit Offices under their control.
6) The IT, E&C Department / General Administration (PU) Department shall ensure that all Bio metric Devices in the Secretariat are functioning properly and Integrated report of Bio metric attendance has to be generated and submitted on monthly basis.
7) Every Secretary dealing with OP Section in all the Departments of Secretariat should watch Bio metric attendance of employees and take appropriate measures as per the rules.
8) All the Departments of Secretariat, Head of Departments, District Collectors, Autonomous Organisations/ State Units shall take necessary action accordingly.
ADITHYA NATH DAS
CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNEMNT