GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH SCHOOL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Sub:- School Education – International Women’s Day on 08.03.2021 – Certain instructions issued – Reg.
Ref:- D.O.No.21-1/2021-IS-11, Dated:24.02.2021 of the Secretary, DoSEL, GoI, New Delhi.
The attention of the under mentioned officers is invited to the reference cited and all are aware that every year, 8th March is globally observed as the International Women’s Day (IWD) for celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. This day is also used as an occasion to reflect and amplify on various issues that come in the way of women’s emancipation and hinder realization of gender equality. Further, in order to take forward the momentum of empowerment of girls and women through education, the International Women’s Day may also be observed in the Schools/Educational Institutions with the following suggested activities
- The day’s topic of instructions in different subjects should focus on women achievers. For example, in Social Studies subject, students may be taught about women freedom fighters in national movement (1857 to 1947), 15 women members of the Constituent Assembly; in Science, about women scientists and discoveries/contribution made by them and In language, literature by women writers and
- Special morning assembly-online or offline: Talks on women achievers in different fields, role play, thought of the day, group song on women empowerment, award/recognition to the girl students who have performed well in different fields such as academics/ sports, dance, music, arts, social service and other novel
- Organize talks by women professionals such as those in armed forces, police, aircraft pilots, locomotive pilots, aerospace engineers, building & construction, scientist etc. and facilitate their interaction with the
- Honoring women faculty members and
- Essay writing on prominent/inspirational women of the district where the school/institution is
- Banner on International Women’s Day on all Government
Therefore, the under mentioned officers are requested to issue instructions to the field level functionaries to organize the above specified activities in all schools under all managements on the eve of International Womens’ Day, 2021.
DOWNLOAD International Women’s Day on 08.03.2021 Certain instructions