Jagananna Gorumudda (Mid Day Meal) and School Sanitation, Monitoring of IMMS app and Dashboard – instructions
The attention of Regional Joint Directors of School Education / District Educational Officers / Assistant Directors (MDM&SS) in the state are informed that they are aware that, the IMMS app and Dashboard has been developed and deployed as per instructions of Honorable Chief Minister for close monitoring of Jagananna Gorumudda and School Sanitation due to the fact that these two programs are directly related to the nutrition, physical ft mental health and better learning outcomes of students.
During the review by the Principal Secretary, Education and Senior officers, certain HMs and other field officials have brought to the notice that the capturing of photos of the toilets in IMMS App in a daily manner in schools, especially high schools with more toilets consume long time of the HMs and thereby the time spent on academic activities related role is reduced.
The matter was discussed and the time taken for capturing of photos in the IMMS app was practically checked in a school by higher officials of the Department. After detailed discussion on the time taken for capturing photos in app, it is decided that;
1. HMs may assign the capturing of photos to all teachers through the HM’ login in such a way that all teachers in the school will be given responsibility to capture photos on rotation basis, without burdening HM 01 any particular teacher concerned.
2. For example, if four blocks of toilets ]are available in school, each teacher may be designated for a block or two on a pariicular day depending on the break available to that teacher. The capturing of photos , f the toilet blocks can be taken at any time in a day.
3. Boys block will be given responsibility for male teachers and girls block for female teachers.
4. The concerned HM shall prepare the daily schedule for the teachers in a week fortnight / month by ensuring that all teachers get equal opportunity/ responsibility.
5. The Same is also applicable for Mid Dal Meal inspections and photos capturing in IMMS app
6. CRPs also may be given responsibility at rotational basis.
7. Only Education Welfare Assistants and other officials will fill in the inspection form of TMF. However, the HMs/ designated teachers will capture toilet, urinals, wash basins and floor photos.
8. However, It is the ultimate responsibility of the concerned HM to ensure that photos related to Sanitation are captured in the IMMS app any time in a day under TMF module and inspections details along with photos related to MDM are entered as per the schedule of inspections.
9. A video tutorial has been prepared and communicated on the step by step cleaning of toilets. This video may be communicated to HMs and Ayahs for training purpose.
10. Already SOP on Toilet Maintenance Fund has been printed and distributed. Cleaning Tools, Bathroom Plastic Accessories & Cleaning chemicals have been distributed. It is requested to ensure that the SOP is followed and the materials are used properly as per the SOP.
The above instructions should be followed scrupulously.