Jagananna Gorumudda Scheme Launching the program to provide Ragi Java on non-Peanut Jaggery Chikki days of the Mid Day Meal Menu l.e Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for all the students G.O No 38
School Education Department Jagananna Gorumudda Scheme Launching the program to provide Ragi Java on non-Peanut Jaggery Chikki days of the Mid Day Meal Menu l.e Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for all the students under “Jagananna Gorumudda” scheme with an estimate cost of 86 Crores, in which the contribution of Sri Satya Sai Central Trust, Puttaparthi, is upto 42 Crores Launch of the scheme on 21.03.2023 Orders – Issued.
SCHOOL EDUCATION (PROG.I) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. From the Director, Mid Day Meal and School Sanitation, e-file Computer No:1963897.
2. From the CEO, A.P, e-file Comp.No.1989844, along with the letter No.437/ECI/LET/FUNC/AP-LC-G&T/BIEN/2023, dated: 20.02.2023 of the Under Secretary, Election Commission of India, New Delhi.
Jagananna Gorumudda (Mid Day Meal) is a flagship programme of the Government aiming to increase enrolment, retention, reduce dropouts and address class room hunger and providing nutritious and tasty meals to school students. During January 2020, the Hon’ble Chief Minister reviewed the menu and to bring radical changes in the existing menu, revised the menu to provide day wise variety menu. Apart from day wise variety menu, Peanut-Jaggery Chikki (25 gms per child) for three (3) days and Eggs (up to 50gms each) for five (5) days in a week as additional items to address malnutrition, and now being implemented w.e.f., 21st January, 2020. The nutritive values like calories, iron, calcium are more on days when chikki is given as part of Mid Day Meal menu, and hence, for additional nutrition on non chikki days, it was proposed to add ‘Ragi Jawa’ for which partnership was explored and Sri Satya Sai Central Trust, has expressed willingness in participation and providing Ragi flour and Jaggery powder to all district head quarters free of cost.
2. Ragi Java is prepared with the ingredients of 10 gms of Ragi powder and 10 gms of Jaggery cooked in 150 ml of hot water. Ragi Java drink will address malnutrition and anaemia deficiency among School Students and the total project cost is around 86 crores. The material cost amounts to approximately 42 crores to be borne by Sri Satya Sai Central Trust and other cost that includes secondary and tertiary storage and transportation, administration charges, testing of samples etc., amounting to 44 crores, will be borne by Government of AP.3. In the circumstances reported by the Director, MDM & School Sanitation, in the reference 1st read above, Government, after careful examination of the matter, hereby order (1) for launching the program to provide Ragi Java on non-Peanut Jaggery Chikki days of the Mid Day Meal Menu i.e Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for all the students under “Jagananna Gorumudda” scheme with an estimate cost of 86 Crores, in which the contribution of Sri Satya Sai Central Trust, Puttaparthi, is upto 42 Crores and (ii) for launching the scheme on 21.03.2023.
4. Sri Satya Sai Central Trust, Puttaparthi, shall supply Ragi flour and Jaggery powder till district points communicated by the Civil Supply Department and the Civil Supply Department shall supply from district head quarters to school points as per requirement.
5. The Director, Mid Day Meal & School Sanitation and the
Commissioner, Civil Supplies Department, shall take further necessary action accordingly, in the matter. 6. This order issues with the concurrence of the Finance (FMU-SE) Department, vide their U.O.No.FINO1-FMUOASD(SE)/3/2023-FMU-SE