KVS 1st Class Admission Notification 2023-24
KVS Online Admission 2023: Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan will start admissions for classes 1 to 12 in KVS schools all over India on 27th March 2023. KVS Online registration for Class 1 admission will begin on 27th March 2023 and close on 17th April 2023. The KVS Registration Process for Class 2 and above will begin on 3rd April 2023 and close on 12th April 2023.
All the parents who want to admit their children to KV School are eagerly waiting for the admission process. KV starts their admissions for Class 1 online and classes 2 to 12 (except class 11) through offline mode. All interested students should daily check the official website
|KVS 1st Class Admission Notification 2023-24 Overview|
|Name of the Institute||KVS Kendriya Vidyaaya Sangathan|
|Name of the Notification||KVS 1st Class Admission Notifiation 2023-24
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Admission Notice for 2023-24 Out
|Classes||1st Class to Above|
|Application Mode||Online Application for KVS 1st Class
Offline application for 2nd Class Onwards
|Online APPLY Dates||27th March to 17th April|
KVS Online Admission 2023-24 Eligibility
Students who want to take admitted to KV School should read the eligibility criteria carefully before filling KVS online Admission 2023-24 application form. Children must be 6 years old as of 31st March in the academic year for taking admission in Class I. (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.) KVS will have an online lottery system for Class I and a priority category system. Children who want to take admitted in classes 2 to 8 will have to go through the priority category and offline lottery system.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Admissions 2023-24 Age Limit Criteria for various Classes
sought (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
- The minimum and maximum age limit for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas in various classes is given below: (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
|CLASS||Minimum / Maximum Age as on 31st March of the Year in which admission is sought.|
|I||6 years but less than 08 years of age.|
|II||7 years but less than 09 years of age.|
|III||7 years but less than 09 years of age.|
|IV||8 years but less than 10 years of age.|
|V||9 years but less than 11 years of age.|
|VI||10 years but less than 12 years of age.|
|VII||11 years but less than 13 years of age.|
|VIII||12 years but less than 14 years of age.|
|IX||13 years but less than 15 years of age.|
|X||14 years but less than 16 years of age.|
The maximum age limit can be relaxed by two years in case of differently abled children by the Principal.
There is no age restriction for admission to Class XI provided the student is seeking admission in the year of passing Class X examination.
Similarly, there will be no upper & lower age limit for admission to class XII provided there has been no break in the continuous study of
the student after passing class XI.
KVS 1st Class Admission Notification 2023-24 Online APPLICATION Schedule
|Advertisement for admission||Latest by 25th March 2023|
|Online Registration for Class-I||27.03.2023 (Monday) 10:00 AM onwards|
|Last date of Online Registration for Class-I.||17.04.2023 (Monday) 7:00 PM|
|(a) Declaration of provisional select and waitlist of registered candidates
(b) Admission of eligible candidates of selected list in following order
|1st list on 20.04.2023 (Thursday)(Admission will be from 21.04.2023 onwards)
2nd list on 28.04.2023
3rd list on 04.05.2023 (Thursday) (if seats remain vacant)
|Extended date for Second Notification for off line registrations for
admissions to be made under RTE Provisions, SC,ST and OBC (NCL)
if sufficient applications were not received in online mode.
|Notification on 03.05.2023 (Wednesday)
Registration from 04.05.2023 (Thursday)
Display of list and Admissions
Process To Apply Online KVS Admission Registration 2023-24
The KVS Admission 2023-24 Application Form will be released on 27 March 2023 on the official website. All the candidates
who wish to get admission in Class 1 in KVS will need to fill it out. The candidates can follow the steps mentioned below in order to easily
fill out the application form.
- The students will first need to open the official website of KVS, 1kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in
- On the homepage, they will need to find the link to ‘KVS Admission 2023-24’ and click on it.
- Then they will be taken to a new page where they will be able to select their class.
- Then another page will open with the instructions to fill out the KVS Admission Form 2023-24.
- After reading these instructions carefully, the students will need
to fill out all of their details in the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission
Form 2023-24 and upload the scanned copies of all their documents.
- Then they will be asked to submit the application fee through online banking.
- After this, their application form will be submitted and they will be able to take printouts of it.
KVS ADMISSIONS 2023-24 RESERVATIONS:
SCHEDULED CASTE, SCHEDULED TRIBE AND OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES CATEGORY:
15% seats for Scheduled Caste, 7.5% seats for Scheduled Tribes and 27% seats for Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL) shall be reserved in all
fresh admissions in all Kendriya Vidyalayas.
3% seats of total available seats for fresh admission will be horizontally Reserved for differently abled-children.
METHOD OF ADMISSION IN CLASS-I:
- Out of the available seats of fresh admission 25% shall be reserved for Right To Education (Hereafter referred to as „RTE‟) 15% shall be reserved for SC, 7.5% shall be reserved for ST and 27% seats shall be reserved for “OBC- Non Creamy Layer”. (Hereafter referred to as “OBC-NCL”)
- After admission of students under RTE Act followed by Differently Abled (Hereafter referred to as „DA‟),
the children belonging to Cat-1 will be taken up. The students admitted
under Cat-1 will also include SC/ST/OBC-NCL. Similarly, after admission
of Cat-1, admission of Cat-2 will be taken up which will include
SC/ST/OBC-NCL (up to Cat-3 in case of Project/IHL School)
shortfall in the number of candidates on seats reserved for SC, ST and
OBC- NCL will be worked out after considering the number of
SC/ST/OBC-NCL children admitted under RTE quota and Priority Cat-1 and
- The reservation norms shall be applicable within approved class strength 40 students per section:
- RTE 25%: 10 seats
- SC 15%: 06seats
- ST 7.5%: 03seats
- OBC 27%: 11seats
- (3% seats for the differently-abled applicant would be reserved horizontally)
FEE AND OTHER CONCESSIONS:
- No fee to be charged from the children admitted under the 25% quota prescribed under RTE Act
- Expenses on account of NCERT text book, note books, stationary, uniform and transport will be reimbursed on production of proper bills
in respect of 25% of the children admitted under the RTE Provisions subject to the ceiling prescribed and availability of
- Once the children are admitted in Class-I under RTE Act, they will continue to enjoy exemptions and concessions till class VIII either in
the same KV or any other V. moving on transfer as per RTE Act.
- Address proof of the parent should be furnished at the time of the
- The employees who have the facility of fee reimbursement in their departments cannot claim RTE concessions.
METHOD OF ADMISSION FROM CLASS II TO VIII:
Admission test shall not be conducted for admission to CLASS II to VIII and the admission may be granted based on Priority Category system
(1 to 5 or 6 as the case may be). If applications are more than the number of seats, lottery system will be followed in each category
including single girl child quota (Class VI Onwards).
METHOD OF ADMISSION IN CLASS IX:
- For admission to Class IX, an admission test shall be conducted and a merit list will be prepared for each category of priority separately. Admission shall be granted in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
- Admission test shall be conducted in the subjects: Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science and
- There will be only one paper of Admission test of 3 Hours duration & 100 marks comprising Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science and
Science each of 20
- Candidates must secure 33% marks in aggregate to Students belonging to SC/ST/Divyang category (PH) will be eligible for admission on
securing 25% in aggregate.
METHOD OF ADMISSIONS IN CLASS XI:-KV Students:
Admission in different streams, Science, Commerce & Humanities be based on merit upto maximum 55 strength in case of KV students as per
availability of streams in the Kendriya Vidyalaya. Choice of stream will be taken from students with parent consent before declaration of merit
list. Stream will be allotted on the basis of marks obtained in Class X CBSE Board Examination. Once the seats exhausted in one stream students
have to take admission in the other available stream in that Vidyalaya. Undertaking is to be obtained from students before finalization of merit
list by KV.
Note: If seats remain vacant in class XI even after admitting the children of KV/ neighboring KVs then the admissions to non – KV
children may be granted on the same criteria, in the sequence of categories of priority.
Concessions wherever applicable shall be incorporated while preparing the Merit List.
Registration Process Kendirya Vidyalaya 1st Std:
- For the first time user, she/he needs to register or sign-up in the portal.
- To register/sign-up, the following information of the child needs to be filled.
- First name of child : .
- Middle name of child :
- Last name of child:
- Parents are advised to enter the first, middle and last names of the child exactly as in the birth certificate (or other admissible document
certifying the name of the child).
- Is the child differently-abled? :
- Date of birth of child:
- Whether child or grandchild of KVS employee:
- Email address :
- Mobile number: After entering all the above details, click on the Register button. Please make sure that your mobile (with the number provided
above) is working properly so that it can receive an OTP to be sent by SMS A one-time password (OTP) will be sent by SMS to the mobile number provided above once you click on the Register button. The OTP will be valid only for 15 minutes.
- Enter OTP: This is a mandatory field and the OTP received by SMS in your mobile must be entered here correctly in order to verify the entered mobile number. After entering the correct OTP received on your mobile, click on the Verify button.
- After clicking on the Verify button, an acknowledgement page will appear with a unique Login Code.
- Please save the Login Code carefully, and do not share it with others. This Login Code is needed in order to login to the admission application
portal for filling in and submitting your admission application form. The Login Code will also be sent to the registered email address and
registered mobile number (by SMS). You are strongly advised to save and print the acknowledgement page containing the Login Code. Without this Login Code, it is not possible to submit an admission application form.
- The above completes the registration process, but DOES NOT complete the admission application form submission process. In order to fill in and submit the admission application form, you need to log in to the online admission portal using the Login Code generated above. Please click on the link labeled “Click here” at the bottom of the acknowledgement page generated after successful registration to go to the login page of the
online admission portal. Alternatively, if registration has already been done earlier, you can go directly to the Login tab after reading the
KVS 1st Class Online Admission 2023-24 Useful Certificates
|Certificate Type||Download Sample Format|
|Self Declaration Distance Between School And Residence||Click Here|
|Service Certificate Central Government||Click Here|
|Format Service Certificate State Government||Click Here|
|Affidavit for Single Girl Child||Click Here|
|Died In Harness Certificate||Click Here|
|Transfer Certificate||Click Here|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Admission Notice for 2023-24 Downloads
KVS Online Admission Form
Click Here to APPLY KVS ONLINE
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Admission Notice 2023-2024.||Download (117.3 KB)|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Admission Guidelines 2023-2024.||Download (468.47 KB)|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Admission Schedule 2023-2024.||Download (812.5 KB)|