Learn A Word A Day (22 days) JULY 2022 (05-07-2022 to 30-07-2022 ) WORDS DOWNLOAD
Proc.Rc.No.Spl.SCERT/2022 Dated: 04-07-2022
Sub:- School Education – SCERT, AP – Quality Initiatives – Implementation of an Innovative Program “Learn A Word A Day (22 days) in all schools under all managements from 05- 07-2022 to 30-07-2022 – Action plan communicated – Regarding.
Read:- D’SCERT Procs.Rc.No. Spl.SCERT/2022, Dt:14/02/2022.
All the District Educational Officers in the state are aware that, a quality initiative “LEARN A WORD A DAY” to ensure the best vocabulary in English among the students from classes 1 to 10 has been implemented during the academic year 2021-2022. With the same spirit and outcome of the program, it is proposed to continue for the ensuring academic year, as a part of this the implementation plan from 05.07.2022 to 30-07-2022 in 4 levels annexed herewith. Therefore,
all the District Educational Officers in the state are requested to communicate the action plan along with suggested guidelines to all
teachers and headmasters of all schools under all managements with an instruction to implement the program “LEARN A WORD A DAY” across the state from 05-07-2022 to 30-07-2022 duly following the guidelines scrupulously.
Encl: 1. Programme Implementation
- Annexures (I to IV)
- The theme for the month of July 2022 is ‘Human Body’ (Words are developed based on a theme every month)
- For the first month simple words are selected to give practice on the process of using dictionary.
- Ensure each and every student of the school learn these words.`
July 2022 activity Schedule:
- Everyday, one word will be announced in the
- Everyday, word maybe displayed at the corner of the green board in the classroom /Display a board in the verandah / Display at school
- In the first period, the class teacher will write the meaning of the word on the corner of the
- In English period, the teacher will explain the word, its pronunciation, spelling, part of speech, and the meaning of the word in
both languages, other forms of the word if any and its usage by using the Students will underline the word in the dictionary by using a pencil.
- Students are asked to copy the word in a separate 100 pages notebook to maintain it as their prepared dictionary which is frequently checked by the teacher.
Level – 2, Level – 3 , Level 4–
The teacher will explain the word, its pronunciation, spelling, part of speech, and the meaning of the word in both languages, other forms of the word if any and its usage by using the dictionary. Students will underline the word in the dictionary by using a pencil.
- Every teacher should use that word as many times as possible in their conversation with the students or as a part of any other classroom The same word will be repeated in all remaining periods of the day.
- All teachers are held responsible for practicing of the word. In the first five minutes of the period, students are asked to repeat the word and its meaning. Usage of the word shall be practiced by preferably by English
- Monitoring officers also will check the students dictionaries and their notebooks.
- Assessment will be conducted for every fortnight (15 days) in the form of a game “Spell Bee”. The words which were taught in the fortnight will be used for Spell Bee activity.
- Motivate students to practice the words and sentences at Annexure – I