Learn A Word A Day January 2023 (01-01-2023 to 31-01-2023 ) WORDS DOWNLOAD
School Education – SCERT, AP – Quality Initiatives – Implementation of an innovative Program “Learn A Word A Day” (26 days) in all schools
under all managements from 01-01-2023 to 31-01-2023 – Action plan communicated – Regarding Proc.Rc.No.Spl.SCERT/2022 Dated: 10-01-2023
Read:- D’SCERT Procs.Rc.No. Spl.SCERT/2022, Dt: 14/02/2022.
The attention of all the District Educational Officers in the state is invited to the reference citied where in they were requested to
implement the innovative program “Learn A Word A Day” with an objective of ensuring best vocabulary in English among the students from class 1
Therefore, all the District Educational Officers in the state are requested to communicate the action plan along with suggested guidelines to all teachers and headmasters of all schools under all managements with an instruction to implement the program “LEARN A WORD A DAY” across the state from 01-01-2023 to 31-01-2023 duly following the guidelines scrupulously.
1. Programme Implementation
2. Annexure (I to IV)
- The theme for the month of January 2023 is ‘VEHICLES’ (Words are developed based on a theme every month.
- The simple words are selected to give practice on the process of using dictionary.
January 2023 Activity Schedule:
- Everyday, one word will be announced in the assembly.
- In the first period, the class teacher will write the word and its meaning on the corner of the blackboard.
- In English period, the teacher will explain the word, its pronunciation, spelling, parts of speech, and the meaning of the word in both
languages, other forms of the word if any and its usage. Students will ride the word in the dictionary using a pencil.
- Students are asked to copy the word in a separate 100 pages notebook to maintain it as their “My Own Dictionary” which is frequently checked by the teacher.
The teacher will explain the word, its pronunciation, spelling, part of speech, and the meaning of the word in both languages, other forms of
the word if any and its usage by using the dictionary. Students will underline the word in the dictionary by using a pencil.
- Every teacher should use that word as many times as possible in their conversation with the students or as a part of any other classroom
transaction. The same word will be repeated in all remaining periods of the day.
- Everyday, word may be displayed at the corner of the green board in the classroom /Display a board in the verandah / Display at school assembly.
- All teachers are held responsible for practicing of the word in the first five minutes of the period. Students are asked to repeat the word and
its meaning. Usage of the word shall be practiced preferably by English teacher.
- Monitoring officers also will check the students dictionaries and their notebooks.
- Assessment will be conducted for every fortnight (15 days) in the form of a game “Spell Bee”. The words which were taught in the fortnight will be used for Spell Bee activity.
- Motivate students to practice the words and sentences at home.