Learn A Word A Day November 2022 (01-11-2022 to 30-11-2022 ) WORDS DOWNLOAD
The attention of all the District Educational Officers in the state is invited to the reference citied where in they were requested to implement the innovative program “Learn A Word A Day” with an objective of ensuring best vocabulary in English among the students from class 1 to 10.
Therefore, all the District Educational Officers in the state are requested to communicate the action plan along with suggested guidelines to all teachers and headmasters of all schools under all managements with an instruction to implement the program “LEARN A WORD A DAY” across the state from 01-11-2022 to 30-11-2022 duly following the guidelines scrupulously. Program implementation The theme for the month of November 2022 is Food’ (Words are developed based on a theme every month) The simple words are selected to give practice on the process of using dictionary. November 2022, Activity Schedule:
* Everyday, one word will be announced in the assembly. * In the first period, the class teacher will write the word and its meaning on the corner of the blackboard.
* In English period, the teacher will explain the word, its pronunciation, spelling, parts of speech, and the meaning of the word in both languages, other forms of the word if any and its usage. Students will underline the word in the dictionary using a pencil.
* Students are asked to copy the word in a separate 100 pages notebook to maintain it as their “My Own Dictionary” which is frequently checked by the teacher.
Level – 1 Oral drilling of the English word along with its Telugu meaning and vice versa. Students have to circle the word in the dictionary with pencil.
Level 2, Level 3, Level 4- The teacher will explain the word, its pronunciation, spelling, parts of speech, and the meaning of the word in both languages, other forms of the word if any and its usage. Students will underline the word in the dictionary using a pencil.
* Every teacher should use that word as many times as possible in their conversation with the students or as a part of any other classroom transaction.
*The same word will be repeated in all remaining periods of the day.
* Everyday, word maybe displayed at the corner of the green board in the classroom /Display a board in the verandah / Display at school assembly.
* All teachers are held responsible for practicing of the word in the first five minutes of the period. Students are asked to repeat the word and its meaning. Usage of the word shall be practiced preferably by English teacher.
* Monitoring officers also will check the students dictionaries and their notebooks.
* Assessment will be conducted for every fortnight (15 days) in the form of a game “Spell Bee”. The words which were taught in the fortnight will be used for Spell Bee activity. * Motivate the students to practice the words and sentences at home.