Learn A Word A Day” – Usage of Dictionary by the Students -– Baseline Assessment on 05.05.2022 – certain instructions
Sub: School Education- SCERT, AP- Quality initiatives – “Learn A Word A Day” – Usage of Dictionary by the Students -– Baseline Assessment on 05.05.2022 – certain instructions – Issued.
Ref: 1. Proc. Rc. No. Spl / SCERT/2022 dated 14.02.2022, 11.03.2022 of the Director, SCERT, AP
2. This ofce Proc. Rc.No.24/A/I/2022 Dated 23/04/2022.
All the District Education Offers in the state are aware that an innovative program “Learn A Word A Day” is being implementing in the schools with an objective of ensuring best vocabulary in English among the students from classes 1 to 10.
2. The said program also intend to make use of the dictionaries provided in Jagananna VidyaKanuka for improving the vocabulary, pronunciation, spoken English and classroom transaction in English among students. In this regard specific guidelines have been issued for best usage of the dictionary by the children.
3. Accordingly, the program is being implemented from 15th February 2022 and scheduled up to 30th April 2022.
4. In this connection it is proposed to assess the vocabulary in English among students through a standardized assessment on 05.05.2022, and to treat the assessment results as the minimum standards of students and to prepare a suitable action plan for the academic year 2022-23 to further improve the English vocabulary and usage among children.
5. As the Summative Assessment II for classes I to V will be completed by 26th April 2022 it is proposed to conduct revision sessions from 27th April 2022 to 4th May 2022 for the words prescribed in “Learn a Word a Day” program since inception. The assessment question paper will be provided by the SCERT, AP, based on the words already prescribed for different categories. It is expected that all children who have undergone this training will be able to correctly read, write and speak in the words already covered.
6. Therefore, all the District Educational Officers in the state are requested to communicate the action plan to all teachers and headmasters of all Primary and Upper Primary Schools under all managements duly ensuring that the teachers shall make all students attempt the Baseline Assessment scheduled on 5th May 2022. The marks of the Test shall be posted along with online marks entry of Summative Assessment II as per the provision provided.
This program is classified into 4 levels. The words that are selected are level appropriate
- Level I Classes – 1 and 2
- Level II Classes – 3, 4 and 5
- Level III Classes – 6, 7 and 8
- Level IV – Classes – 9 and 10
ANNEXURE WORDS LIST (April 27th to May4th) DOWNLOAD CLICK HERE (Action Plan for revision and preparing the student for Assessment)