Mana Badi Nadu-Nedu -Dismantling of school buildings in dilapidated condition -Certain guidelines G.O NO.61 Dt.14-09-2021
1. G.O.Ms.No:87,School Education (Prag.II) Dept, dt. 30-11-2019
2. From the CSE, File No. ESE02/83/2020-DEE-DESIGN-CSE, dt.13.3.2020
In the GO 1st read above, orders were issued according administrative approval to implement the Mana Badi Nadu Nedu programme for transformation of Government schools in the State, in a period of three years (in three phases), with effect from the Financial Year 2019-2020,
2. In the reference 2nd read above, the Director of School Education, AP has stated that, for face-lifting of the present schools, certain schools require dismantling of the existing buildings which are badly damaged. The same problem is also coming up, while taking up the school improvement activities under other schemes like 14th finance commission, Samagra Shiksha etc. The present procedure for dismantling of class rooms and school buildings is cumbersome and time taking. He has therefore, requested to issue guidelines for dismantling of the class rooms, school/College buildings.
3. In the circumstances reported by the Director of School Education, in the reference 2nd read above, Government after careful examination of the matter, hereby issue the following guidelines for dismantling of the class rooms, school/College buildings, which are badly damaged:-
a. A committee shall be constituted with Chairperson and Vice Chairperson of the Parents Committee, HM, Engineering Asst/Ward amenities secretary, Mandal engineer of the Executing Agency and MEO with HM as Convener.
b. In case of Govt Junior Colleges, the committee shall be constituted with the members as per the circular issued by the Commissioner, Intermediate Education or Government.
c. The above committee shall identify the class room/block/and other structure in the school/College campus which is under dilapidated condition. The committee after thorough examination and come to conclusion that it has to be dismantled, it shall make a resolution for dismantling the building/ structure which is in dilapidated condition and submit the same to E.E of the implementing agency through the Mandal engineer. Here, the implementing agency means the engineering dept including APEWIDC or any public sector corporation which is executing the infrastructure development program.
d. The Executive Engineer along with Dy Executive Engineer shall verify and after thorough scrutiny of soundness of the structure and if he feels that the structure cannot be repairable, the EE may issue a certificate to go for dismantling. The EE should not be influenced by the Committee members. It has to be done purely based on the soundness of the structure.
e. If the walls are sound but the slab or roof is weak, propose for re-laying of the roof instead of dismantling of the whole structure. This has to be kept in the mind while scrutiny of the structure for its soundness.
f. Necessary permissions shall be obtained from the archaeological department for dismantling of those notified heritage buildings.
g. Based on the certification of the Executive Engineer, the DEO shall submit the proposal on file and take the approval from the District Collector for dismantling.
h. Dismantling cost may be included in the estimate of the project/work either under Mana Badi Nadu-Nedu program or other program as the case may be.
i. After dismantling useful material if any, shall be reused or auctioned and credited to the account of the parents committee which shall be used only for infrastructure development of the school.
j. Material not found useful shall be properly disposed off away from the school premises and the cost may charged to the project cost of Nadu-Nedu or other program as relevant.
k. Precautions & Measures: While dismantling, necessary precautionary measures shall be taken to safeguard the public and surrounding properties of Govt or otherwise I. Proper measures shall be taken for suppressing the dust emissions by spraying water.
m. Proper hoardings/Blue sheets shall be kept to safeguard the adjoining properties/structures.
The Director of School Education, AP and the Spl. Commissioner, of Intermediate Education, shall take necessary action accordingly, in the matter.
5. This has the concurrence of the Panchayat Raj & Rural Development Department.