Mana Badi Nadu-Nedu, Phase-II – Certain guidelines on purchasing of Steel under Nadu Nedu
Circular.No.1695635/MBNN/2022 , Dated. 13/04/2022
Sub: – Mana Badi Nadu-Nedu, Phase-II – Certain guidelines on purchasing of Steel under Nadu Nedu – Issued -Reg.
Read:-GO Ms. No 15, dated 23-03-2022 of the School Education (Progs- II)Department.
Government vide GO read above have accorded administrative sanction for implementation of Mana Badi Nadu Nedu Phase-II for improving the infrastructural facilities in 13,981 Schools ( High School and Primary Schools) with a total Budget outlay of Rs.4535.73 Crores. The following guidelines are issued for purchasing of Steel under Nadu Nedu , Phase-II.
- There is steep increase in the prices of Steel and the reasons are the increase in the cost of coking coal, diesel and the raw materials.
- Since the present season is good for construction activity and as the prices may not be come down in near future,it is proposed to buy Steel in open market
- Hence the initial requirement of Steel up to roof level of the School building may be purchased from the local market duly obtaining the least price comparing the rates in the market and online websites like www.steeloncall.com for the top brands like VIZAG Steel, SAIL, TATA, JINDAL and JSW companies.
- The Parents Committees are advised to buy steel using the above website, provided these rates are less than the local market price. The Parent Committees shall buy only the following brands:
- VIZAG Steel
- www.steeloncall.com website has promised to give discount of Rs.1000/- ( Rupees Thousand Only) less than the online rates, for vizag steel (fe 500). If Parents Committees get Vizag steel at
cheaper rates than “www.steeloncall.com ” Price , they shall buy at lesser rates only (The less rate shall be at least Rs.800/-less than online Price, if the Parents Committees wants to procure from other local shops.
- If other than these brands are procured disciplinary action against Head Master/ Principal & Engineering Assistant shall be taken.
- Beware of duplicates being sold by local distributors.
- Hence all the District Collectors, District Educational Officers, Additional Project Co-ordinators and Executive Engineers of the implementing agencies shall give special attention on the above and see that the Parents Committees shall purchase steel of above mentioned brands during following the above said guidelines. The District wise suggested rates (Annuxure-I) given by M/S ‘steeloncall’ is attached with the circular. The suggested rates they agreed are valid up to 30.04.2022. Further the District Collectors are requested to monitor and ensure the above guidelines are followed and quality is ensured in taking up Nadu Nedu works.
S Suresh Kumar
Commissioner, School Education