MPTC ZPTC ELECTIONS 2021 RO (RETURNING OFFICERS) HAND BOOK
The Returning Officer plays a vital role in the election management. A Returning
Officer is called so because he holds the election and returns the result.
BROAD OUTLINES OF THE DUTIES OF THE RETURNING OFFICER:-
- Selection and setting up of polling stations.
- Issue of public notice of election under Rule 6 of Conduct of Election Rules and
display of voters list of Mandal Praja Parishad / Zilla Praja Parishad, as the case
may be, on the notice board as required under Rule 5 on the date of
publication of election notice.
- Reception of nomination papers.
- Publication of list of nominations received.
- Scrutiny of nomination papers.
- Recording of reasons in brief for rejecting any nomination paper.
- Publication of list of validly nominated candidates.
- Receipt of notice of withdrawal of candidature.
- Publication of list of contesting candidates.
- Allotment of symbols to contesting candidates.
- Printing and despatch of Postal Ballot Papers.
- Printing of Ballot Papers to be used at Polling Station.
- Procurement of ballot boxes and all election material in sufficient quantity.
- . Establishing contact with the contesting candidates and political parties to
ensure free, fair and smooth elections.
- Ensuring effective implementation of Model Code of Conduct.
- Despatch of polling parties for the conduct of poll and supply of ballot boxes
and other election materials to them.
- Effective supervision of poll and sending reports to the District Election
Authority / Election Authority / State Election Commission.
- Counting of votes.
- Declaration of results.
- Transmission of all ballot boxes, election papers and materials after declaration of results, for safe custody.
MPTC ZPTC ELECTIONS 2021 RO (RETURNING OFFICERS) HAND BOOK DOWNLOAD