NCERT Recruitment 2022 NOTIFICATION -292 Faculty Positions – ONLINE APPLICATION
National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), an apex organization for Educational Research, Teacher Training and Development of Curriculum and Instructional material in school education, invites online applications for filling up 292 various academic positions under direct recruitment in NCERT, New Delhi and at its constituent units located at Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Mysuru and Shillong. Advertisement No. 172/2022 Advertisement for filling up of 292 Faculty Positions
NCERT Recruitment 2022 Important Dates:
- The schedule of ONLINE registration is as follows:
- Commencement of Online Registration on NCERT : 08/10/2022
- Last Date of Online Registration and apply online : 28/10/2022
NCERT Recruitment 2022 Posts and Vacancies
Name of Posts
No. of Vacancies
NCERT Recruitment 2022 Application fee:
Applicants belonging to UR/OBC/EWS are required to pay a fee of Rs.1000/ (Rupees One thousand only) through online payment made. No other mode of payment will be accepted Women applicants and applicants belonging to SC/ST/PWD are exempted from payment of fee, Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances
NCERT Recruitment 2022 ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND PAY SCALES
Educational qualification, experience, age of retirement on superannuation and pay scales of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Librarian and Assistant Librarian will be as per the UGC/ NCERT, Govt. of India norms as amended from time to time and in force at the time of closing date of filling-up online application.
Eligibility (A or B) :
i) An eminent scholar having a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with, a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 120 as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2. (Refer UGC Regulations-2018)
ii) A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, and / or research experience at equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral
B. An outstanding professional, having a Ph.D. degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions (not included in A above) / industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has ten years’ experience.
- A good academic record, with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- A Master‘s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2. (Refer UGC Regulations-2018)
Eligibility (A or B) :
- A Master‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC /ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
B. The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Note: The Academic score as specified in Appendix II (Table 3A) for Universities, and Appendix II (Table 3B) for Colleges, shall be considered for short-listing of the candidates for interview only, and the selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview. (Refer UGC Regulations-2018)
- A Master‘s Degree in Library Science/Information Science/Documentation Science with at least 55%marks or an equivalent grade in a point -scale wherever the grading system is
- At least ten years as a Librarian at any level in University Library or ten years of teaching as Assistant/Associate Professor in Library Science or ten years‘ experience as a College
- Evidence of innovative library services, including the integration of ICT in a library.
- A Ph.D. Degree in library science/information science/documentation /archives and manuscript-keeping.
- A Master‘s Degree in Library Science, Information Science or Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree, with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point – scale, wherever the grading system is followed)
- A consistently good academic record, with knowledge of computerization of a library.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be:
Provided that the, candidates registered for the Ph.D. degree prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances / Bye-laws / Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree, and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges / Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in the regular mode
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/seminars sponsored /funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar
- The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
- NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for candidates in such Master’s Programmes for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Professor/Librarian: Academic level 14 with rationalized entry pay of Rs. 1,44,200/- (Pre-revised scale of pay : Rs.37,400-67,000 with AGP-10,000)
- Associate Professor: Academic level 13A with rationalized entry pay of Rs. 1,31,400/- (Pre-revised scale of pay : Rs.37,400-67,000 with AGP-9,000)
- Assistant Professor/Assistant Librarian: Academic level 10 with rationalized entry pay of 57,700/-(Pre-revised scale of pay : Rs.15,600-39,100 with AGP-6,000)
Due to administrative reasons Advertisement No. 171/2020 uploaded on NCERT website on 29-06-2020, published in the Navbharat Times. New Delhi & The Hindustan Times, New Delhi on 01.07.2020 dated and subsequent Notice 20 July, 2020 for filling up vacant academic positions under direct recruitment in NCERT. New Delhi and at its constituent units located at Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar. Mysuru and Shillong. stands cancelled.
The candidates who had applied against in response to Advt. 171/2020 need to apply afresh
Those who have already applied against the Advertisement No 171/2020 are not required to pay fee for those posts for which they have already paid fee in response to Advertisement No. 171/2020 and are now applying afresh in response to this advertisement, i.e. Advt.172/2022. Such candidates will require to use their old Login ID and password created at the time of Advt.171/2020 to claim fee exemption.
Eligible and interested candidates are required to apply online only through the NCERT website www.ncert.nic.in at Announcement-Vacancy Academic. No other means/mode of submission of applications will be accepted.
The candidates must have a valid email id and mobile number through which he/she will get registered with the online application portal
Candidates should fill in the details to register and then fill the information in the online application form at the appropriate places very carefully
Fields with STAR (*) mark are mandatory and essential to be filled in by the candidate. After the required information have been provided, click submit button. However, before clicking “Submit” button, candidate must make sure that no changes are required and the information provided is correct and final. After application is submitted, no changes will be entertained
Candidates are required to upload their scanned recent / colour passport size photograph. applicant’s signature and all the relevant documents: The candidates have to keep a copy of application with documents for record and the same to be produced at the time of verification of document interview, if shortlisted
In case a candidate wishes to apply for more than one past, he/she should submit separate application online along with the requisite fee for each post applied for. All the online applications should be completed in all respects. Only one application for individual post from one applicant will be accepted
The candidate should meet the eligibility criteria and provide the information which he/she possesses as on the last date of submission of the application Candidates who do not possess the requisite educational qualification as on the closing date of receipt of application will not be eligible
The registration will be provisional as the eligibility of the shortlisted candidate will be verified at the time of Interview from the original documents. Candidature of a registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process or even after joining, if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or not in conformity with the eligibility criteria.
Persons with Disability (PWD) having disability less than forty percent will not be considered The disability certificate shall be from a competent medical board constituted by the central or state Government Hospital. Therefore, such persons should meet the prescribed criteria of physical disability of the respective category as per the Govt. of India rules.
Candidate in their own interest are advised to remain updated with the selection/recruitment process by visiting our website www.ncert.nic.in regularly for any further instruction/information.
The posts advertised also include backlog vacancies as per the detail given below:
- Professor- 02 (SC-1, ST-1)
- Associate Professor-05 (SC-4, ST-1)
- Assistant Professor-43 (SC-8, ST-6, OBC-29)
The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the NCERT website. The shortlisted candidates will be allowed to appear for the interview only after verification of their eligibility.
The shortlisted non-local candidates will be entitled for reimbursement of Train fare restricted up to 3rd AC (except for Special trains like Rajdhani, Shatabadi, etc.) or the actual fare, whichever is less, on submission of tickets
Final result of the selected candidates will be displayed on NCERT website. The Council will not entertain any correspondence with the candidates about their non-selection in the recruitment.
Only Indian National need to apply.
The relaxation in percentage of marks to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/EWS/ PWD categories is provided in accordance with the UGC/GOINCERT rules.
Candidate must indicate his/her caste/category in the appropriate column of the application form (SC, ST, UR. OBC (NCL) & EWS etc). Leaving the caste column blank would not automatically be assumed as an application for un-reserved category and the application will be rejected as incomplete.
The EWS candidates will be required to submit a valid certificate for purpose of reservation in appointment to posts under Government of India/Central Government from a competent authority.
The OBC Non Creamy Layer candidates will be required to submit a valid caste certificate for purpose of reservation in appointment to posts under Government of India/Central Government from a competent authority along with latest Non Creamy Layer certificate and self-declaration as per Annexure that he/she does not belong to the creamy layer as on the closing date of submission of applications.
Number of vacancies may vary depending upon the actual requirement. NCERT reserves the right not to fill up any or all the pasts or cancel the whole process of recruitment without assigning any reason.
Mere fulfilling the minimum eligibility requirements does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview NCERT reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview.
The decision of the NCERT in all matters relating to selection and allotment posts/organizations to selected candidates will be final and binding on the candidates.
Any litigation in the matter will be subject to the Delhi jurisdiction in only.
All Certificates, Degrees and other documents must be produced in original for verification at the time of interview (if shortlisted), failing which the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the interview
The certificates, which are neither in English nor in Hindi, need to be translated preferably to either in English or in Hindi and the same shall be submitted along with the copy of the certificate in local language.
The candidate who have received letter grades or grading points instead of marks, should provide conversion chart and percentage equivalent of their respective letter grades, issued by concerned board/university/institution.
Any subsequent change of address/Telephone No./Email address should be promptly communicated to the Section Officer, Recruitment -1 Section, Room No. 12, 5th Floor, Zakir Hussain Block, NCERT, New Delhi- 110016.
Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification and the candidature is liable to be summarily rejected.
In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised in their own interest to apply well in time.
Note: Please go through the instructions given on the website www.ncert.nic.in (Announcement-Vacancy- Academic) carefully, before filling up the application form online.