School Education – Jagananna Gorumuddha (Midday Meals) – Engaging District Programme Monitoring Unit (PMU) in the Newly formed Districts – Orders- Issued- Regarding. Memo No. 1790297/ESE02-27021/76/2022-MDM & SS Dated; 16/09/2022
1.Govt.Memo No.ESEO1-SEDN0CSE/879/Prog-1/2021, Dt.02-03-22
2.Govt.Memo No.ESEO1-SEDN0CSE/879/Prog-1/2022, Dt.12-09-22
The attention of the District Educational Officers in the State is invited to the reference 1st read above, and informed that, the Government ordered to constitute a District Project Monitoring Unit (PMU) to follow up and monitor the Midday Meals scheme in each erstwhile district (13 districts) with (i) One District Co-Ordinator (ii) One Data Analyst and (iii) One data Entry Operator.
Consequent on restructuring of the districts and creation of 13 new districts, the Government have accorded permission to constitute Project Monitoring Unit (PMU) to monitor Midday Meals Scheme in the newly formed districts in the reference 2nd read above.
While communicating the Govt., Memo in the reference 2nd read above, the District Educational Officers of the newly formed districts are instructed to constitute District Project Monitoring Unit (PMU) in the district for better monitoring the Midday Meals Scheme. The expenditure is to be met from MME component of Midday meals Scheme.
The DPMU may be constituted with the following
Committee; :For selection of personnel at District level, a Committee is constituted with;
- District Educational Officer Chairman
- Assistant Director (Schemes) of the district Member (Convener)
- Deputy Educational Officer ( headquarter) Member
- Applications may be called for the post of District Co-Ordinator, and for the post of Data Analyst and Data Entry Operator, the eligible list may be obtained from Common pool in the district / Local Employment Officer.
- For all the posts personality evaluation, credentials, qualifications, may be examined and aptitude test etc., may be conducted, and for the post of Data Analyst and Data entry Operator, a computer based test (CBT)shall be conducted, apart from the above criteria.
Therefore, the District Educational Officers of the newly created districts are requested to take immediate necessary action and engage the personnel accordingly, for effective monitoring of MDM scheme immediately and submit compliance report.