PENSIONS – Dearness Relief to Pensioners @ 3.144% with effect from 1st January, 2019 – Revised – Orders
G.O.MS.No. 50 Dated: 31-07-2021.
1. G.O.Ms.No.46, Finance (HRM.V-PC.I) Department, dated:30.04.2015.
2. G.O.Ms.No.51, Finance (HRM.VI-Pen) Department, dated:08.05.2015.
3. G.O.Ms.No.18, Finance (HR.VI-TFR) Department, dated:10.02.2016.
4. G.O.Ms.No.173, Finance (HR.5-Pension, GPF) Dept, dated:30.08.2016.
5. G.O.Ms.No.16, Finance (HR.VI-TFR) Department, dated:03.02.2017.
6. G.O.Ms.No.17, Finance (HR. 5-Pension, GPF) Dept, dated:03.02.2017.
7. G.O.Ms.No.140, Finance (HR.VI-TFR) Department, dated:11.08.2017.
8. G.O.Ms.No.141, Finance (HR.V-Pension, GPF) Dept, dated:16.08.2017.
9. G.O.Ms.No.27, Finance (HR.VI-TFR) Department, dated:27.02.2018.
10. G.O.Ms.No.28, Finance (HR-5 Pension,GPF) Dept.,, dated:01.03.2018.
11. G.O.Ms.No.150, Finance (HR.VI-TFR) Department, dated:17.09.2018.
12. G.O.Ms.No.154, Finance (HR.3-Pension-I) Department, dated:20.09.2018
13. G.O.Ms.No.14, Finance (PC&TA) Department, dated:29.01.2019.
14. G.O.Ms.No. 16, Finance (HR.III-Pension) Department, dated: 30.01.2019.
15. G.O.Ms.No.14, Higher Education (UE.II) Department, dated: 13.02.2019.
16. G.O.Ms.No. 94, Finance (PC-TA) Department, dated: 04.11.2020
17. G.O.Ms.No.98, Finance (HR.III-Pension) Department, dated: 01.12.2020
In the reference 17th read above, Government have revised the rates of Dearness
Relief to pensioners sanctioned in the G.O. 14th read above, raising it by 3.144%
from 27.248% of the basic pension to 30.392% of the basic pension from
01.07.2018. Further Government, decided to sanction the due Dearness Relief
instalments in a time bound manner. Accordingly the 2nd DR which was due from
01.01.2019 @ 3.144% duly enhancing the rate from 30.392% to 33.536% will be
released from pension of July 2021 onwards and the 3rd DR which was due from
01.07.2019 @ 5.24% duly enhancing rate from 33.536% to 38.776% will be released
from pension of January 2022 onwards.
2. In accordance with the orders issued in para 7 and 8 of the G.O. 17th read
above, Government hereby order the revision of the Dearness Relief sanctioned in the
G.O. in the reference 17th read above to the retired employees (pensioners) of
Government of Andhra Pradesh from the rate of 30.392% to 33.536% w.e.f. the1st
January, 2019 in respect of:
a. those who retired from service after 01.07.2013 and drawing pension in the
Revised Pay Scales, 2015;
b. those who retired prior to 01.7.2013 and whose pension was consolidated in
the light of orders issued in the G.O. 2nd read above.
4. These orders are applicable to:
(1) (a) All Government Pensioners in receipt of Service Pensions, Family
Pensions under Revised Pension Rules, 1951, Andhra Pradesh
Liberalised Pension Rules, 1961 and Andhra Pradesh Government
Servants (Family Pension) Rules, 1964.
(b) Teaching and Non-Teaching pensioners of Municipalities, Panchayat
Raj Institutions and Aided Educational Institutions, in receipt of pensions
under the Andhra Pradesh Liberalised Pension Rules, 1961 and Andhra
Pradesh Government Servants (Family Pension) Rules, 1964.
(c) Teaching and Non-Teaching staff in Aided Educational Institutions in
receipt of pensions under the Contributory Provident Fund-cum-
Pension and Gratuity Rules, 1961 and Andhra Pradesh Liberalised
Pension Rules, 1961.
(d) Those drawing family pensions under G.O.Ms.No.22, Finance &
Planning (FW: Pen.I) Department, dated 16.1.1971, G.O.Ms.No.104,
Finance & Planning (FW: Pen.I) Department, dated 13.4.1973 and
G.O.Ms.No.25, Finance & Planning (FW: Pen.I) Department, dated
(e) Pensioners in receipt of Compassionate Pension under the rules for
Compassionate Pensions and Gratuities in the Hyderabad Civil
Services Rules; and
(f) Those in receipt of Pensions under the Wound and Extraordinary
(2) Pensioners governed by Andhra Pradesh Revised Pension Rules, 1980.
5. These orders are not applicable to the financial assistance grantees and
others who are not entitled to Dearness Relief.
6. Ready Reckoner showing the Dearness Relief payable to the State Pensioners
in terms of these orders is annexed.
7. The Dearness Relief sanctioned in above paras shall be paid in cash with
pension of July 2021 onwards. The arrears on account of increase of DR for the
period from 01.01.2019 to 30.06.2021 shall be paid in three (3) equal instalments
from the pension of July 2021 onwards.
8. All the Treasury Officers/ Pension Payment Officers shall work out and make
payments of the Dearness Relief on Pension sanctioned in this order without waiting for
further authorization/ instructions from the Accountant General (A&E), Andhra Pradesh,
Hyderabad, in terms of the orders issued in the G.O.Ms.No.270, Finance & Planning
(FW: PSC.I) Department, dated 7.10.1986.
9. All the Treasury Officers/Pension Payment Officers shall work out and make
payments of the dearness relief on pension sanctioned in this order in terms of orders
issued in G.O.Ms.No.122, Finance(Pen.I)Department, Dt: 22.05.2014
10. The expenditure is allocable among the various States in accordance with provisions
of Rule 24 of the incidence of pension rules in Appendix III-B of the Andhra Pradesh
Accounts Code, Volume-I.
11. In respect of the categories of employees who are not covered for payment through
the Treasuries, the expenditure shall be debited to the Pension Funds of Zilla Parishads
and Pension funds of the respective Municipal Councils.
12. In respect of the Pensioners of the Universities, the expenditure on account of the
Dearness Relief now sanctioned above shall be met from the Block Grants allotted to