Pre Matric Scholarships for Students whose Parents involved in Clearning/ Sanitary Activities – APPLICATION DOWNLOAD
Scholarships for students whose parents are employed in nature of occupation engaged in by the parent:
- a. Tanner/Flayer
- b. Waste Picker / Rag Picker
- c. Manual Scavenger as defined in the Manual Scavengers Act, 2013
- d. Hazardous Cleaner as defined in the Manual Scavengers Act, 2013
Pre Matric Scholarships for Students whose Parents involved in Clearning/ Sanitary Activities APPLICATION DOWNLOAD
SWD Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Component-ll of Pre-Matric Scholarships to SC and others (for students whose parents are engaged in occupations involving cleaning) – Guidelines of the scheme and Flowchart of the processing of applications – Communicated to all the districts and all WEAS, WEDPSS – Reg.
- Guidelines of the scheme communicated by Government of India
- Note orders dated.21.05-2022 of Director of Social Welfare A.P. e-office file No. 1141656
Pre Matric స్కాలర్షిప్ సమాచారం:
- ఈ పథకం ద్వారా పారిశుధ్య రంగంలో పని చేస్తున్న వారి పిల్లల చదువు కు స్కాలర్షిప్ అందించడం జరుగుతుంది.
- AP లో గ్రామ వార్డ్ సచివాలయంలో పని చేసే WEA /WEDPS ఆప్షన్ కల్పిస్తారు.
- ఈ ఏడాది కి సంబంధించి సచివాలయ స్తాయిలో జూన్ 10 నాటికి అప్లికేషన్స్ స్వీకరణ పూర్తి చేయాలి.
- అర్హుల జాబితా జూన్ 17 న సోషల్ ఆడీట్ కొరకు ప్రదర్శించడం జరుగుతుంది.
It is to inform that the Government of India is implementing the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Pre-Matric Scholarship to children of those engaged in occupations involving cleaning and prone to health hazards. Under
the scheme, 60% central assistance is provided by the Government of India, with the balance met from the state budget. The scheme guidelines are mentioned below.
Objectives of the Scheme:
The scheme aims to support, through financial assistance, parents of children belonging to Schedules Caste and other disadvantaged categories for education of their wards studying at the Pre-Matric stage so that their participation improves, the incidence of drop-out – especially in the transition from the primary to the next level and elementary to the secondary stage – is minimized, they perform better and have a better chance of progressing to the Post-Matric stage of education.
Scope of the Scholarship:
The scholarship will be provided for students studying in Government School and private schools which have been duly recognized by the concerned State Government/ Union Territory Administration/ Central Board having
valid UDISE code.
Eligibility for Pr-Metric Scholarships for Students whose Parents involved in Clearning/ Sanitary Activities
Who are eligible?
- Students should be studying in classes I to X on a full time basis
- Scholarship will be admissible to the children/wards of parents/guardians who, irrespective of their caste/religion belong to one of the following categories:
- Persons who are Manual Scavengers as defined under section 2(1) (g) of Manual Scavengers Act 2013
- Tanners & Flayers
- Waste pickers and
- Persons engaged in hazardous cleaning as defined in Section 2(1) (d) of Manual Scavengers Act 2013.
- There is no family income ceiling under this Scheme
Scholarship amount for Students whose Parents involved in Clearning/ Sanitary Activities :
For day scholars, total eligible amount is Rs.3000 p.a and for hostellers, it is Rs. 8000 p.a (for Class III to X).
Flow Chart for filing and processing of applications for the scheme:
The following is the Flow Chart prescribed for processing of applications under the above Scheme: – The application has to be filled up and signed by parent and given in the village/ward secretariat. In case of illiteracy of parent, the WEA/ WEDPS has to fill it on behalf of the parent and take thumb impression.
- WEA/ WEDPS has to enter the application details in online in Nava Sakam login in the service provided for this scheme.
- Mother has to give Bio-metric Authentication in the Secretariat for confirmation of application details. Only in case of death of mother, father can give bio metric authentication.
- Remarks of the WEA/ WEDPS:
Eligible/Not eligible as per scheme guidelines. – Application gets pushed to login of MPDO/ Municipal Commissioner: Approved/Rejected – In case of rejected option, remarks have to be entered. – Then application gets enabled for release at the State Level.
Since, the MPDO / Municipal commissioner are designated as the approval authorities for the confirmation of eligibility of the applications, there is no need to insist on any certificate from the Local Body as proof of being engaged in those occupations, since Municipal Commissioner / MPDO are the heads/coordination officers of the local bodies and they have the official internal mechanism for verifying the occupation status of the applicants parent.
The role for DSCWEOs and their ASWOs is to give publicity to the scheme, coordinate with NGOs and SC Associations for identification of eligible beneficiaries for filing of applications and monitoring the processing of applications till all eligible applications reach the final stage of release of the amounts. The list of waste pickers available with the local bodies as part of Swachha Survekshan data base may be taken for following up with
them to file applications for their school going children.
In view of the above guidelines, all DSCWEOs are requested to communicate the scheme details to all WEAS, WEDPSs. It is also requested to conduct a one hour training program to them at the district level through
online/physical on this new scheme. A press note may also be given in the local media for wide publicity among the target group so that they can apply for the scheme.
Time Schedule for Scholarships APPLICATION
- Last date for filing of applications for 2021-22 academic year in navasakam login by WEAS/WEDPSS : June 10, 2022
- Last date for processing of applications by Municipal commissioners/MPDOS : June 15, 2022
- Display of eligible/ineligible lists as part of social audit: June 17
- Receiving of objections in social audit : : June 20
- Disposal of objections : June 23
Hence, all District Scheduled Caste Welfare and Empowerment Officers are requested to take follow up action for effective implementation of the scheme as per the guidelines mentioned here in.