Proper Coordination between Gram Panchayats and Village Secretariats – Delegation of Authorities to certain functionaries – Orders
DEPARTMENT OF GRAM VOLUNTEERS/ WARD VOLUNTEERS & VILLAGESECRETARIATS/ WARD SECRETARIATS
G.O.MS.No. 2 Dated: 25-03-2021
In the reference 1st read above, orders were issued for positioning of Volunteers @ one for around 50 households on honorarium basis in the rural are as to ensure leak proof implementation of Government programmes / Schemes at the door steps of people with utmost transparency.
- In the reference 2nd read above, Village Secretariats were established for providing “Last Mile Delivery” of State Government schemes to all eligible beneficiaries on saturation basis, irrespective of caste, creed, religion, region, gender and political affiliation. Further, to ensure that the living standards of the citizens are augmented on a continual basis, through the concept of NAVARATHNALU, requisite systems and processes were established for an impactful, transparent and timely service delivery at the village
- In the reference 3rd read above, Government issued Job Chart of Panchayat Secretary. In the reference 4th read above, Government issued Job Chart of Panchayat Secretary, Grade – VI (Digital Assistant).
- In the reference 5th and 6th read above, Government of Andhra Pradesh established GVWV & VSWS Department, which shall act as an integrated institution for building capacities and ensuring real-time monitoring of newly positioned volunteers and secretariat functionaries for service delivery to the
- The primary objective of GVWV & VSWS Department is to monitor and streamline the activities of newly established administrative setup, with targeted focus towards strengthening secretariats and empowering Village/Ward Secretariat functionaries. The State Government constituted 15,004 secretariats, as an extension arm of the State Government, for implementation of various Government schemes/ services. The Secretariats are servicing across 13,000 plus villages and 120 ULBs in the State. With over 1.34 Lakhs Village/ Ward Secretariat functionaries and 2.66 Lakhs Volunteers engaged in this new set-up, the Department is monitoring service delivery of over 543 plus services to the
- Government of Andhra Pradesh envisions the Secretariats to become “One Stop Solution” to address all the requirements of the citizens and address grievances pertaining to service delivery. The Department foresees to augment the service delivery by adopting citizen-centric service delivery model by including below services:
- Set up Aadhar Centers, Branch post offices, facility of Sub- Registration in all Secretariats etc.
- GOI services with necessary tie-ups with CSC and other institutions and augmenting service delivery by providing services related to Passport, B2C
- It was felt that there is a need for proper coordination between the local Gram Panchayat and the Village Secretariat(s) which serves as an extension arm of the State Government since the Secretariats provide around 543 plus services relating to various State Government Departments. The roles and responsibilities of the various Village Secretariat functionaries need to be defined properly so as to ensure proper coordination between the Gram Panchayat and the Village Secretariat(s). This Department has conducted multiple deliberations with various Line Departments like Agriculture, Panchayat Raj, Municipal Administration, Revenue, Energy etc. and also with District Collectors and District Level Officers of some of the Districts to ensure better convergence and coordination between Gram Panchayat and Village Secretariat(s).
- To ensure better service delivery through the Village Secretariats and to ensure better coordination between Gram Panchayat and Village Secretariat(s) in public interest, the Director, GVWV & VSWS has proposed certain modifications in the references (2), (3) and (4) read above regarding the Executive, Drawing and Disbursement and Administrative Functions of Functionaries in the Village
- Government after careful examination of the proposal of the Director, GVWV &VSWS Department and taking into consideration the views expressed by the Line Departments, District Collectors and District level officers, in partial modification of the GOs issued in the references (2),
- and (4) read above hereby issues the following orders so as to ensure better service delivery and coordination between Gram Panchayat and Village Secretariat(s) in public
- Executive functions: Panchayat Secretary shall act as Executive Officer of the Gram Panchayat and shall function as a Link Officer between Gram Panchayat and Village Secretariat(s).
ii. Drawing and Disbursement functions and Coordinator for implementation of Government Schemes:
- Panchayat Secretary (I to V) shall act as a Drawing and Disbursement Officer (DDO) for himself/ herself and existing Panchayat Staff (regular / outsourcing / contractual staff) of Gram
- Village Revenue Officer (VRO) shall act as a DDO for all the Functional Assistants in the Village Secretariat including Digital Assistant, except the Panchayat Secretary (Grade I to V) and existing Panchayat Staff (regular / outsourcing / contractual staff).
- VRO shall act as a Drawing and Disbursement Officer for drawing and disbursing of honorarium to the Grama
- VRO shall also act as a Coordinator for activities related to service delivery of Government Schemes and shall ensure effective implementation of State Government schemes / services being rendered by Village
iii. Administrative Functions:
- All Village Functional Assistants including Digital Assistants, except Panchayat Secretary (Grade I to V) and existing Panchayat Staff(regular/ outsourcing/ contractual staff), shall seek approval of Casual Leave from the respective Head of the concerned Department at the Mandal level and Casual Leave application shall be routed through VRO.
- Sarpanch is the competent authority to sanction Casual Leaves of Panchayat Secretary (I to V) and existing regular Panchayat Staff of Gram
- The Director, GVWV & VSWS Department, HODs of concerned Departments and the Chief Executive Officer, APCFSS are requested to take necessary action.
Proper Coordination between Gram Panchayats and Village Secretariats – Delegation of Authorities to certain functionaries – Orders DOWNLOAD