School Education-MDM- POSHAN Abhiyaan (NNM)- Celebrating Poshan Maah (National Nutrition Month) in the month of September, 2021 – Support and taking up of certain activities on a priority basis – Instructions
GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH SCHOOL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT ( Director, Mid Day Meal and School Sanitation, Andhra Pradesh)
Memo No. ESE02-27021/l/2021-MDM-CSE, Dated:06/09/2021
It is to inform that in order to achieve improvement in the status of nutrition among children, pregnant women, lactating mothers and adolescents, community mobilization and participation plays a vital role in effective implementation of POSHAN Abhiyaan.
In pursuance of the above, as per the directions from the Government of India, the Government of Andhra Pradsh has decided to celebrate September-2021 as fourth Rashtriya Poshan Maah (National Nutrition Month) in convergence with all line departments for vide publicity on the nutrition and health seeking behaviours largely by communities following COVID-19 protocols by Department of Women Development and Child Welfare as the nodal department for the state for celebrating Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2021, four basic themes for 4 weeks have been shared with all the states and informed to focus during Poshan Maah:
- First Week: Plantation activity in the form of Poshan Vatika at the spaces available in anganwadi centers, Schools, Panchayat and other public lands etc.,
- Second Week: Yoga and Ayush for nutrition (Yoga sessions targeted for various
- groups like Pregnant women, Children and Adolescent girls)
- Third Week: Distribution of Nutrition Kits in high burden districts to Anganwadi beneficiaries with IEC material and
- Fourth Week: Drive for identification of SAM and distribution of nutritious food for them.
With regard to this, indicative calendar of activities for the events to be conducted on each day of the month are enclosed for your ready reference and planning for the month.
Further, as a key department in the campaign against malnutrition,
you are requested to add suitable activities under the banner of Rashtriya Poshan Maah. Keeping in view of COVID-19 guidelines, departments are encouraged to use mass & mid media, Social media and print and electronic media in order to bring visibility to Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2021.
Further, all the organized activities are to be uploaded in Jan Andolan dashboard portal “http://poshanabhiyaan.gov.in/#/login” by the line departments on daily basis. Login credential for data entry has been attached in the enclosure.
Hence, All the District Educational Officers in the State requested to issue instructions to field functionaries to enthusiastically organize these activities and encourage larger community participation in “Fourth Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2021” and contribute in moving towards malnutrition free India with co-ordination to the Women Development and Child Welfare Dept.
- Quiz programs
- Awareness speech in assemblies of schools
- Speech competition for children
- Awareness creation about fortified rice
- The aim of the POSHAN abhiyan maa is to create Awareness about the nutrition given through the upgraded menu in MOM- Jagananna Gorumudda