Withdraw the recognition – Private aided/ unaided schools with enrolment less than 20 or zero enrolment
PROCEEDINGSOF THE DIRECTOR OF SCHOOL EDUCATION. SCHOOL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT.A.P., AMARAVATI.
Present: V.CHINNAVERABHADRUDU,I.A.S ..
R.C no.ESE02-28023/23/2021·PLG-CSE Dated: 24/11/2021
Sub: School Education – Private aided/ unaided schools with enrolment less than 20 or zero enrolment – action to be taken to withdraw the recognition as per Rule 16 of Rules Issued under RTE- Instructions- Reg..
Ref: 1) Rc.No. ESE02/659/2021-PLG ·CSE dated 07/09/2021
2) G.O.Ms.No.1, Education(P.S.2), Dt 01-01-1994 .
In the reference 1st cited all the Regional Joint Directors of School Education and District Educational officers in the state are requested to Instruct the respective field functionaries Headmasters concerned to update the chlld-info as per the given schedule.
2. Accordingly the admission into aided Institutions for the academic year 2021-22 was completed by 31 Dec 2021 and the child info was updated. Based on the updated data of enrolment is observed that certain private and private aided schools are having enrollment With less than 20 children in each school. The list of such schools district wise is enclosed to this order.
3. In this regard the attention of Reginal Joint Directors of School Education and District Education Officers is drawn into the amendment Issued vide GO Ms.No.41, School Education (PE-SSA) to the Rules Issued under RTE vide GO MS. No. 20. School Education (Pe-Progs1) dated 3-3-2011 (as notified In Gazette NO.10 dated 5-3-201 ‘.) which is as follows:
3. In sub Rule (1) of rule 5
(I) for clause (a) the following shall be substituted. namely
(a) In resect of children In class I-V in the school shall be established within a walking a distance of one kilometer of the neighborhood asking Into consideration the population of at least 20 school-going children In the locality. to make the school viable and ensure quality.
4. As per the amendment. any private aided/unaided school with less than (20) children Is an unviable primary school.
5.As per the Rules issued under RTE vide vide GO Ms.No. 20. School Education (PE-Progs.1) dept dated 3-3-2011 (as notified in Gazette No.10 dated 5-3-20111. the procedure for withdrawal of recognition is as follows:
Rule.16. Withdrawal of recognition
Where a school contravenes the conditions of recognition or any provisions of the Act the authority issuing the certificate of recognition shall issue show cause notice of withdrawal of recognition. The school shall be given at least a month time to file the reply. If the authority is not satisfied with the reply the school shall be given opportunity of hearing before taking a decision on withdrawal of recognition. The order of withdrawal shall be in writing. The order of de-recognition shall be operative from the immediately succeeding academic year. The order shall be a speaking order and it shall contain the name/names of the neighborhood school/schools where the children of the derecognized school will be admitted.
6. Therefore all the District Educational Officers Regional Joint Directors of School Education in the state are requested to Issue show cause notices to all the schools as to why the recognition should not be withdrawn wherever the enrolment Is less than (20) from Class I to V or zero enrolment and finalize the action as prescribed vide Rule 16 of the Rules issued under RTE.
7. Action in this regard shall be reported to this office by 31-12-2021.