PUBLIC SERVICES – Employees Welfare Scheme – Andhra Pradesh State Employees Group Insurance Scheme – 1984 – Revised Rate of Interest (7.1% p.a) on accumulated Savings Fund Communication of Tables of Benefits for Savings Fund for the Period from 01-07-2020 to 30-09-2020 – Revised Tables – Orders – Issued.
FINANCE (ADMN-III-DI,DSA) DEPARTMENT
G.O.M S.No.8 Dated: 22-02-2021
AP State Employees Group Insurance Scheme – 1984 – Revised Rate of Interest (7.1% p.a) on accumulated Savings Fund Communication of Tables of Benefits for Savings Fund for the Period from 01-07-2020 to 30-09-2020 – Revised Tables
- GO.MS.No.293, Finance & Planning (Finance.Wing-Accts.II) Department, Dated:08.10.1984
- GO.MS.No.367,Finance. Planning(FW-Admn.II)Department,Dated:15-11-1994
- GO.MS.No.3,Finance(Admin-III) Department, Dated:26-01-2018
- GO.RT.No.96,Finance (HR-5-Pension,GPF) Department, Dated:24-01-2018
- GO.MS.No.51,Finance (Admin-III) Department, Dated:24-04-2018
- GO.RT.No.1204,Finance (HR-5-Pension,GPF) Department, Dated:22-05-2018
- GO.MS.No.156, Finance (Admn-III) Department, Dated:28-09-2018.
- GO.RT.No.2119, Finance (HR-4-Pension.II,GPF) Department,Dated:17-12-2018.
- GO.MS.No.19, Finance (Admn-III) Department ,Dated :13-02-2019
- GO.RT.No.110, Finance (HR-IV-Pension.II,GPF) Department,Dated:24-01-2019.
- GO.RT.No.950, Finance(HR-IV-Pension.II,GPF) Department,Dated:01.05. 2019.
- GO.MS.No. 131, Finance(Admn-III.DI,DSA) Department, Dated: 27-09-2019.
- GO.RT.No.1319, Finance(HR-IV-Pension.II,GPF)Department,Dated:20-08-2019.
- GO.MS.No.2, Finance(Admn-III.DI,DSA)Department,Dated:01-01-2020.
- GO.RT.No.2134, Finance(HR-III-Pension)Department,Dated:24-12-2019.
- GO.MS.No.41, Finance(Admn-III.DI,DSA)Department,Dated:13-05-2020.
- GO.RT.No.1689, Finance(HR-III-Pension)Department,Dated:22-06-2020
- GO.RT.No.1690, Finance(HR-III-Pension)Department,Dated:22-06-2020
- GO.MS.No.81, Finance (Admn-III.DI, DSA) Department. Dated: 07-09-2020
- G.O.RT.No.2403, Finance (HR-III-Pension,GPF) Dep., Dated: 22-09-2020
In the reference 1st read above, orders were issued for introducing Group Insurance Scheme to the State Government Employees in place of Family Benefit Scheme with effect from 01-11-1984. According to Para 9 of the reference 1st read above, the accumulations of Savings Fund part and Insurance Fund part shall carry interest at the rates prescribed by Government from time to time.
- In the reference 2nd read above, orders were issued for apportioning the subscription of each unit of Rs.10/- between Insurance Fund and Savings Fund in the ratio of Rs.3.125/- and Rs.6.875/-respectively.
- In terms of the recommendation of the Committee constituted to review the working of the Andhra Pradesh State Employees Group Insurance Scheme in Government orders 3rd Read above, orders were issued for revision of rate of subscription of each unit from Rs.10/- to Rs.15/- with effect from 01-11-1994. The apportionment of the subscription of each unit Rs.15/- between Insurance Fund and Savings Fund was fixed in the ratio of Rs.4.50/- and Rs.10.50/- respectively with effect from 01-11-1994. The amount of Insurance coverage will be Rs.15, 000/- for each unit of subscription.
- The rate of interest on accumulations of Savings Fund of the Member of the Scheme and the interest on the Insurance Fund from time to time is as follows:
|Financial Year||Rate of Interest||Government Order|
|8.7%||G.O.RT.No.2142, Finance (Pen-II) Department, Dated: 30-04-2013|
|8.1%||G.O.RT.No.1638, Finance (HR-5-Pension,GPF) Department, Dated: 27-06-2016|
|8.0%||G.O.RT.No.318, Finance (HR-5-Pension,GPF)
Department, Dated: 22-02-2017
|7.9%||G.O.RT.No.1171, Finance (HR-5-Pension,GPF) Department, Dated: 17-05-2017|
Department, Dated: 31-10-2017
|7.6%||G.O.RT.No.96, Finance (HR-5-Pension,GPF)
Department, Dated: 24-01-2018
Department, Dated: 22-05-2018.
|8.0%||G.O.RT.No.2119, Finance(HR-IV- Pension.II,GPF)
Department, Dated: 17-12-2018,
G.O.RT.No.110, Finance(HR-IV- Pension.II,GPF)
|Department, Dated: 24-01-2019,|
|G.O.RT.No.950, Finance(HR-IV- Pension.II,GPF)|
|Department, Dated: 01-05-2019|
|01-07-2019 to||7.9%||G.O.RT.No.1319, Finance ( HR-IV- Pension.II,GPF)|
|31-03-2020||Department, Dated: 20-08-2019 and|
|G.O.RT.No. 2134, Finance ( HR-III-Pension)|
|Department ,Dated: 24-12-2019,|
|G.O.RT. No .1689,Finance(HR-III-Pension)|
|Department., Dated: 22-06-2020|
|01-04-2020 to||7.1%||G.O.RT. No .1690,Finance(HR-III-Pension)|
|30-09-2020||Department ., Dated: 22-06-2020,
G.O.RT. No .2403, (HR-III-Pension,GPF) Dep.,
- Government has constituted a committee for preparation of Tables for calendar year 2016 onwards on par with CGEGIS tables. The Committee has prepared a simplified table for maturity value of one unit for the calendar year 2016 and in Continuation of the government orders the table for 3rd Quarter of 2020 is prepared at the applicable interest rates 1% per anum.
- The Sanctioning Authorities / Drawing and Disbursement Officer / Treasury Officers
/District Audit Officers / Pay and Accounts Officers / Director of Works and Accounts are requested to keep in view of the appended Table while sanctioning and making the final payments under Group Insurance Scheme for proper implementation of the Scheme. Further, the following instructions shall also be scrupulously followed:
- The Head of the Department / Drawing and Disbursement Officer shall be held responsible for sanctioning the Group Insurance Scheme final payments. If any excess Payments are found, the difference amount shall be collected from the sanctioning authority and such Officers are liable for disciplinary action.
- The Drawing and Disbursement Officer shall recover the correct rate of subscription according to the eligible group of employees. For any excess/less recovery, the Drawing and Disbursement Officer concerned shall be held responsible
- The Director of Insurance, Andhra Pradesh, Amravati, and Ibrahimpatnam shall conduct a regular Audit of all claims paid under Group Insurance Scheme and send are port to the Head of the Department concerned.
- The Head of the Department concerned shall take action against the erring officials who are responsible for the excess / less recoveries wherever they are detected
- Any excess payment made, if found during the Audit by the Directorate of Insurance, the same shall be immediately recovered from the concerned and remitted through e-challan to the Head of Account i.e. 8011-107-01 by the Drawing and Disbursement Officer and the fact of remittance shall invariably be communicated to the Directorate of Insurance.
- If an employee’s subscription at any period if not recovered during his Service the total subscription along with interest shall be recovered from the payments admissible to him.
- All the Heads of Offices should take prompt action for recording the necessary subscription entries in the Service Registers of the employees under proper attestation every year at the close of March and a Certificate shall be recorded in the Service Book of each employee that subscription to the Scheme at the appropriate rates have been recovered for the period from April to March. The entries shall be attested by the Drawing and Disbursing Officer.
- As per G.O.Ms.No.910, Finance (Admn.II) Department, dated: 28.10.2002 “Sanctioning authority shall send a copy of sanction orders of the Group Insurance Scheme Payment including calculation slip to the Directorate of Insurance for verification”.
- As per G.O.Ms.No.225, Finance (Admn.II) Department, dated:22-06- 2010 the revised pay slabs as per RPS 2010 and its Corresponding Slabs in the Revised Scales of Pay, 2015 for Classification of Groups and Compulsory deduction of subscription units applicable to the corresponding groups as shown below.
|Slabs of Pay under Revised Scales of Pay 2010 asper
|Correspondin g Slabs in the Revised Scales
|Classification of Groups||Units of Subscription
(Rs 15/- per each unit)
|1||Rs.18030-55660||35120-110850||A||8 Units Rs.120/-|
|2||Rs.11860-42590||23100-84970||B||4 Units Rs 60/-|
|3||Rs.8440-33200||16400-66330||C||2 Units Rs 30/-|
|4||Rs.6700-23650||13000-47330||D||1 Units Rs 15/-|
- In view of the above circumstances stated above and after careful examination of the matter, Government hereby order that the revised rate @7.1% p.a. from 1st July 2020 on the Andhra Pradesh Group Insurance Savings Funds shall be allowed to continue up to 30-09- 2020. Further, it is ordered that instructions prescribed should be followed scrupulously. The revised Table is annexed and some illustrations are also given in Annexure-ii.
|Andhra Pradesh State Employees Group Insurance Scheme|
|Accumulated Saving Fund of one unit up to
|↓||↓ closing month in the year 2020 ↓|
up to 31/10/1994 one Unit =Rs.10 (saving6.875+insurance3.125) and from 1/11/1994 unit size increased to Rs.15( saving 10.5+insurance4.5). This change is considered while arriving to maturity value of saving portion of one unit. The month November in a calendar year is taken as starting month.
ANNEXURE –II (Illustrations)
A unit starts at Rs 10 pm .before 1994 and it increases to Rs 15 pm from 1994 but there is no extra unit only one unit is to be taken for arriving maturity value with starting year before
|mployee retires in Sep 2020GIS particulars||Year of Start||No of Units added||One unit maturity on Sep 2020 based on its starting year||Total of Maturity|
|From 11/1990 to 10/1994 Rs 10 pm||1990||1||16138.37||16,138.37|
|and from 11/1994 Rs.15 Per month|
|From 11/2000 to 10/2010 Rs 30 pm||2000||1||6230.43||6,230.43|
|From 11/2010 to 10/2014 Rs 60 pm||2010||2||1900.77||3,801.54|
|From 11/2014 to 09/2020 Rs 120pm||2014||4||942.39|
|Total No of units at his Retirement.||8||Total Maturity with interest on Sep,
Note: All units put together shall not exceed 8 in any case.
|Employee Retires in Aug,2020 GIS Particulars||Year of Start||No of Units
|One unit maturity on Aug 2020 based on its starting year||Total of Maturity|
|From 11/1984 to 10/1989 Rs 10 pm||1984||1||26440.67||26,440.67|
|From 11/1989 to 10/1994 Rs 20 pm||1989||1||17369.46||17,369.46|
|From 11/1994 to 10/2006 Rs 30 pm||1994||No Extra
|From 11/2006 to 08/2020 Rs 60 pm||2006||2||3196.54|
|Total No of units at his Retirement||4||Total Maturity with interest on Aug,
|Employee Retires in July,2020 GIS Particulars||Year of Start||No of
|One unit maturity on July,2020 based on its starting year||Total of Maturity|
|From 11/1993 to 10/1994 Rs 80 pm||1993||8||12648.12||1,01,184.96|
|From 11/1994 to 07/2020 Rs 120pm||1994||No Extra
|Total No of units at his Retirement||8||Total Maturity with interest on